Sonos Connect help

Hi all, anyone have advice re Sonos Connect and Spotify. I've recently purchased a Sonos Connect and running it into a Cambridge Audio 650A amp then onto ELAC BS244 speakers. Playing around with the system as a possibility in our soon to finished family room extension etc. for streaming, hopefully in the end via Roon and Tidal.  I've got the Sonos connected on my iPhone (8) and can play the Sonos linked radio stations so I'm close. But I can't get the Spotify to work! Any ideas? I'm in the Inner West and have beer in the fridge....  Cheers, Michael 

Edited by SPR08Y

Up and running on 7 day free Spotify Premium Trial. Sounds quite good! (I actually managed to do it and my 16 year old son failed - 1 to the old guys! (Household tech tally: 16YO:467 Old Guy:1))

Blasphemy @ophool! Can’t wait to set up the TT again. The streaming is all about the family room, so I can listen to records in my room - shhhhhhh!!!! 

Happy family, happy life! (Not quite sure that is le cliché! But it will do!)  

Edited by SPR08Y

• 10 months later...

Hi helpful folk, 

Back in our newly renovated home and following the advice of the Telstra technician he ordered us a new router and modem, no charge, apparently....... Anyway, I've managed to get it setup, but having hassles getting my Sonos connect to recognise and latch onto new wireless network after router change. The Sonos app keeps wanting to connect either Sonos speakers or a Sonos 'Boost' , neither of which I have. I just want to connect the Sonos connect and get the fam up and running in the family room with Spotify. Rightly, or wrongly, I've restored the factory settings on the Sonos connect. Any ideas? The router is in the roof and the connect in the back room, quite a distance away. There are numerous Ethernet ports in the roof with labels, but the ones in the back of the AV cabinet arent labelled, so tricky working out which one is which.... If I want to connect the Sonos connect via Ethernet to modem, would this help anyway? 

Turntable is working fine!!!! I laugh, bloody technology! 

Did the app on the phone work? If so, go to options add new speaker/device then press the single or volume up and down together button on the connect. The light should blink on and off and it should be recognised by the app. 

Got there...... eventually found the 'Connect' listed amongst the 'speaker' options. I must try to stop being so literal! 

Sounds surprisingly good: Sonos - Cambridge Audio 650a - Q Acoustics Concept 20s. Perfect for family to all stream to from their devices. 

Tidal account possibly in the future. 

Thanks, 

Michael 

Edited by SPR08Y