Amazon Oz Vinyl BOGOF

On 07/05/2018 at 4:29 PM, 08Boss302 said:

Thanks folks.  I am hoping like Amazon.com even though i selected group together if there is a longer wait than expected wait on an LP or something they'd send the bulk and then sort the balance out -

I ordered 6 LPs last week then as an unexpected last minute the two boxsets on sat night.  Hoping everything is packed well. I am actually growing with excitement on the Oils boxset! I was hesitant on that but at half price and it helped a mate out I bit the bullet, now I am glad I did.

The stones boxset is my mates but i would think given the weight of those two boxes it should be pretty well packed.

we'll see.....

I ordered the first few AC/DC re issue LP's from importcds last night also, they worked out roughly $26au per album plus $28 postage.   US covers on Dirty Deeds & Let There Be Rock  and there is no separate High Voltage and TNT as it is also the US version which was the different cover of High Voltage and a mix of the first two albums (High Voltage and TNT) but I was OK copping that as my Cd's are correct by both title and cover, plus I really don't want to pay $250+ per album right now

I also picked up the x4LP Allman Brothers Band Fillmore show which worked out at $86au, this is about half the price I could see that particular version anywhere else.  Everything was in stock so usually arrives within 7-10days ?

talk about a vinyl binge!

• Like 1

I didn't have much joy with delivery

they split the order up and i noticed some items would move around on delivery estimates. all up 12 items, most come last week, 3 arrived today and there's still one more with an expected arrival towards the end of the this month. 

not sure i'll use them again

Not really happy with delivery times counting in the months, and I found it hard to figure out exactly what release you were buying on the site

5 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

not sure i'll use them again

Not really happy with delivery times counting in the months

Yeah they don't seem to have made much of a commitment to the Australian market. I have a friend visiting from Vancouver. She says that she can order stuff in the morning from Amazon and it will be delivered that day, even on Sundays! It's a bit disappointing that they don't seem to be stocking stuff in Australia. I'm hoping it will get better over time.

so if its not locally ready to go they come in from the States? that would explain it. 

shipping from the sates always sucks. I can get free delivery on bulky mt bike parts from the UK and it only takes a week to get here....   

• Like 1

My experience is fast declining too, 

now they’re telling me Led Zeppelin 4 is out of supply ? 

“Our supplier has advised this item is no longer available”

righteo then!! Zep4 no longer available ?

on the contrary my order from sunday via importcds has shipped and tracking shows it arriving Friday. 

I think Oils/Stones boxsets represented killer value but that may be where it ends for me and Amazon Au

Edited by 08Boss302
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

I think Oils/Stones boxsets represented killer value but that may be where it ends for me and Amazon Au

Oh it ended for me once the BOGOF deal finished. Back to importCDs for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

My experience is fast declining too, 

now they’re telling me Led Zeppelin 4 is out of supply ? 

“Our supplier has advised this item is no longer available”

righteo then!! Zep4 no longer available ?

on the contrary my order from sunday via importcds has shipped and tracking shows it arriving Friday. 

did you see that film, Midnigh Oil 1984, is  touring cinemas? 

Douple J had the film maker for an interview - sounds powerful

https://www.madmanfilms.com.au/midnight-oil-1984/

Got mine today from an order last Saturday. I made sure was in stock and local to Amazon Aus.

Only play one record so far (Coldplay X and Y) and the recording is great. A few pops but i will give a good clean tomorrow.

Packaging was a bit dodgy though. 8 albums in total in a large box. Albums were moving around despite some brown paper on sides and on top. Oddly there was nothing at all on the bottom - just cardboard box and album with no protection between them.

On 09/05/2018 at 10:42 PM, rodders3 said:

Packaging was a bit dodgy though. 8 albums in total in a large box. Albums were moving around despite some brown paper on sides and on top. Oddly there was nothing at all on the bottom - just cardboard box and album with no protection between them.

Yup, this is the current problem with Australia store. Very risky. Most of us got lucky but I had to return twice (not sure if cause was handling or postage).

On 07/05/2018 at 2:33 PM, enikoy said:

My order sequence:

Ordered Tuesday 24th April

Shipped Thursday 26th April (ANZAC day between)

Arrived Perth Monday 30th April

Which is like miraculously fast. In March I had items from 2 different suppliers in Melbourne take nearly 3 weeks from shipping date across the Nullabor. UK & European orders usually make it to Perth faster than east coast orders.

Just an aside on my beef with East Coast --> Perth delivery times & reliability. Ordered a pair of Doc Martens from the UK on Wednesday last week (only source for the style), wore them yesterday afternoon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hensa

A mate ordered a couple of the Oils box sets for himself and his brother and just received the same delay email with offer to cancel. I told him not to cancel as sometimes Amazon do this when they’ve stuffed up the price and want people to cancel the order. I don’t reckon this box set (nor the Stones mono set) was meant to have been included. As they don’t take the payment till dispatch, no damage done other than the delay.

Guest Hensa
4 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

@Hensa

good point

but in this case mine is a readily available album (DSOM) I can easy get at similar price and quality

Totally agree! I would recommend cancelling in this case as well. With the Oils box for $225 being under half the going price, it’s worth holding the line.

6 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Has anyone placed an order since the BOGOF sale ended?

not me - back to amazon uk and USA which arewcheaper by far.

Definitely not, Shane - I won’t be back till the next BOGOF which was actually very beneficial!

10 minutes ago, metal beat said:

I'll keep half an eye out for the next BOGOF, similar for when JB hifi do 20 or 30% off vinyl next

otherwise i'll try some of the alternatives mentioned in this thread

• Like 2

20 hours ago, metal beat said:

Not from July 1.  Amazon will no longer send from overseas to Aus due to GST changes.

• Like 1

I'm up to about 5 or 6 returns now, and damaged items are more common recently (still getting deliveries from the BOGOF sale). I'd say about 50% are coming with damaged covers, and today received the wrong item (right album, wrong version).

If we're "stuck" with Amazon AU they need to get their sh*t together and stop these massive delays and package properly, or I'm done with them, cheaper or not.

Amazon DE is currently doing 5 for 2 on a limited selection. Shipping is high but there's some goodies in there. Get em while you can (and yes they package correctly). UPDATE: Actually, they no longer do. Recent packages had over half the vinyl left loose and unpackaged in the box, mostly damaged.

Edited by electrotek

• 1 month later...