Sign in to follow this  
trimba

Recommended courier or shipping company to post floor standing speakers

Hi, Hopefully you guys have great weekend.

Do you have any recommendation on Courier or Shipping company to post floor standing speakers to USA?

If you don't mind, would you be able to share the approximate cost as well to give me some ideas.

The pair of speakers that I'm going to send is pretty heavy too around 22kg each. Appreciate d your thought and Thank you ...

Chen

It's not going to be cheap.

Start with Pack and Send.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By beeblebrox
      Checkout the latest from Dish network,
      sure it's paytv but compared to the paltry offerings we get here it's pretty neat.Dish now have their Hopper and Joeys, full pvr and media distribution around the home.
      it's got some nice features like the fact you can pause what you're watching in the lounge room and start playing it from where you left off in the bedroom, a built in remote finder, a primetime capture where it captures all the main channels in primetime...with a couple of terabyte in the box I suppose they can afford to do that
    • By bhall41
      Hello

I just purchased a TT from another stereonet member. 

Is anyone able to recommend a reliable courier service that offers insurance for electrical goods?

And isn't too expensive ...

I hope I'm not asking the impossible!
    • By dave1
      Hi all,

Which courier company would you guys normally use for sending bulky Hi-fi items to interstate.  I am looking to buy a pair of floor standing speakers from Brisbane and need to ship it to Melbourne.  Do I need to pack extra on top of the original carton?

Thanks
      David
    • By harmo_hammer
      Hi everyone,

In this day and age where anyone can purchase just about anything online, there are occasions when things don't go to plan. Online stuff is great, it enables us to get the many items that are simply not found in the local shops/even national shops.

I've recently gotten into "Pure Audio" disks (If you're not familiar, think Blu-rays but without any video, so the sound quality is much higher). Once you start listening to these, you really start to find out how much detail your sound system can resolve. I just have to say "Wow!". Now I don't go into the LP purist thing. I just want good quality sound using the gear that I already have. Unlike the old SACD, Any blu-ray player can use a pure audio disk... (how high a quality it can translate down the line to your sound system... will probably depend on the player's componentry and interconnects).

Having been to numerous JB Hi-Fi stores of late, I've done a comparison, and there are a handful of Pure Audio albums in some JB Hi-Fi stores, but handful is the best case scenario.

So I went around the web sites of various labels who produce these kinds of disks to find a bigger range. I've ordered quite a few... err... batches of disks from labels in the US and Europe (I haven't found one in Australia yet). But I'd like to share my experiences with the 2L online shop. None of the labels would have what I'd call express delivery, but some are much better than others.. but let me warn you about my worst experience:

2L have one of the biggest online-range in pure-audio disks I've seen. So I ordered eight disks, ranging from Nordic chants, a jazz ensemble, a harpist (is that even the right word? I feel that harpy is too mean :-).. but maybe I'm wrong), a pianist, a flautist, and a few others that attempt to broaden my musical appreciation... all recorded in 24Bit, 192KHz stereo and multiple channel recordings. Which is perhaps the biggest benefit over CDs, for those who have their home theatre setups/dedicated multichannel music rooms.

Ok, 2L is in Norway, and I live halfway around the world in the frozen tundra of the Canberra winter, surprisingly unfazed by the perpetual hot-air produced in parliament house. But with a shipping price of well-over $60 for 8 lightweight disks, their site said "Allow 2 weeks for delivery", I believed that would be a reasonably accurate estimation for that price. I wanted one disk especially for a friend's birthday present. The birthday was roughly 3 weeks after I placed my order.

Two weeks came and went, so I contacted them and asked, "Is it slow, lost or otherwise?". They didn't know. They'd sent it regular mail, no tracking, no insurance. The disks were worth well over $200, and they'd effectively given me the $5 postal bag, and slapped some stamps on it. (I've sent more to Scotland in size/weight for that). Needless to say, I wasn't impressed and told them to get their shipping arrangements sorted out. This was the only choice they offered, so I suggested having better options and a new arrangement with a courier company.

3 weeks pass (sorry birthday buddy) and the post office hadn't seen hide nor hair of it. Another weekend goes past. On Monday afternoon, it arrives... Yay. Then I see it. The padded bag was ripped open in transit! (see attached). I have complained to them about this.

Now, I understand that unplanned things happen all the time, but if you do order disks from overseas labels (and I hope you do) make sure you don't just accept this kind of overpriced, half-baked delivery service. Any real audio company would have $200 of componentry in a well padded box, with foam, bubble wrap, and a water-proof layer somewhere in there for protection. If they can't do that, for $60+, I can't help but feel somewhat short-changed.

I sincerely hope that if I can help someone to avoid the issues I've faced, my work here will be done.

Is there anyone else out there that has had problems with an online purchase?

All the best!
      Hamish.

• By mello yello
      website

http://legacyaudio.com/

saw and heard a pair of their monsters at Pymble HiFi a while ago, Whispers i think going by the picture below

they were absolute monsters alright with a just won lotto pricetag too, but i notice they have some more real world type speakers in their range as well including some on wall and in wall designs that ive always kept a keen eye on   has anyone used or heard the entry level Legacy, i can imagine the $30,000 pairs would sound ok, but are the entry level worth considering ?   i currently have Orpheus Auroras in a modest real world set-up but if and when i ever have to replace them (reluctantly) i think Legacy might be a worthy replacement for Orpheus ?   what do others think ? yes i know "go and listen for yourself", but even then i would never hear anyone elses opinion would i ?