SOLD: EOI: PSE-144 horns

SOLD

Item: PSE-144 horn with AE TD15H woofers and premium passive xo.
Price: $5890.
Item Condition: As new
Reason for selling:
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash,
Extra Info:

I bought these new from Paul about a year and a half ago. I've put them as EOI as I'm not 100% willing to part with them at the moment, but may need to due to other commitment (having taken on a house and a baby in the past year). I've owned these for roughly 3 times longer than any of the other 25 or so speakers I've owned the last 20 years, which says about as much as I need to say about the sound. Demos at my place very welcome. Pickup only as cabs weigh about 100kg each.

Looking at receipts I see cost was $8825, I'm looking for 2/3 of that. (cost does not involve the roughly 50 hours it took me to build the cabs from CNC flat-pack that Paul designed, plus screwing and soldering drivers etc, a not inconsiderable effort.)

Port is tuned to 30hz. 

Pictures:

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

Edited by b.d
typo
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Louis Vu said:

Hi, i’m in In this pair, is this active or passive speaker? I wonder that they will run well with my 845 tube amp? Cheers

Premium passive crossover it says in the title. :thumbsup:

They look really nice, the red and black look the biz.

Weedgie, bit ugly atm, but so far kept him away from the glowing screen. He's only a crawler but I had fears of him one day taking the diffusors for a climbing wall.

Louis - I realize I did forget some pertinent info - they are passive in the mid/tweeter, i.e. the horn runs off a single amp, but the bass is active. I forgot to take this amp into consideration in both the cost price and selling price. I have a Minidsp PWR-ICE 250 I can sell if needed, say 2/3 of what I paid for it which would be about $340.

I had good results with a 2W EL34 on the horns. You're obviously welcome to come give it a try.

Cheers

Bevan

2 hours ago, Louis Vu said:

Hi, i’m in In this pair, is this active or passive speaker? I wonder that they will run well with my 845 tube amp? Cheers

I run the horn section of mine with either my cary CAD-300 SE (300b), CAD -805 AE (845) or a bakoon SCA 7511 MKII all run  the horns no problems. And for the bass bins I use a DSP4YOU (PWR-DSP2) plate amp. 

• Like 1