Audioquest - 72V vs 48V

Hi. Can anyone help explain what the difference is. Higher is more expensive. Does it have to match your system?

Also, is mixing and matching AudioQuest RCA cables a bad idea?

This may be of interest and explain what the DBS pack do in general. Going from 48v to 72v will improve that effect on the cables you have. It was a long while ago but my Audioquest Cheetah came with 36v packs, upgrading to 72v was inexpensive and very worthwhile. 

In in regard to mix and match, what cables in Audioquest range do you have? What they connect?

D0D6FC37-18C7-44BA-9B2A-6C7CE923432A.jpeg

FBC2949A-52B2-49C3-83F6-CA04FF5467CE.jpeg

C8609587-6E09-4C7D-94EB-A4ED8CBC240C.jpeg

167686CF-2ACD-4D30-A8DC-1CB3ED1D0B96.jpeg

Hi @Neo, thanks for the reply.  I just re-read that. I suppose I can’t tell when my cable is ‘misbehaving’ as he article puts it (a bit technical for me). 

I have the Water cable from my Bluesound Node 2 into an Integra Pre/Pro and some of @Bill125812‘s XLRs to two Nord monos. Other than that I have two subwoofer cables (RCA shape) from Integra to minidsp and then two other sub woofer cables out of that to two subs. 

I did see you can just buy the gadget separately. I just found one of the batteries in mine must be dead because there is no test light.