13 hours ago, dimo said:

3 RSD pickups were Jeff Buckley concert, Pink Floyd -  Piper (Mono) and Sigur Ros. Also picked up the full 5LP Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.

58soIJ6.jpg

Wouldn't mind a source for the Floyd in Aust to avoid import ripoffs and postage.  How much is it here now anyway  ?

14 hours ago, alessiman said:

Oh i would kill for the LOTR soundtrack!  Didn't even know it was out for RSD :(

It wasn't a RSD release. It went on sale a week or so before, but pretty much sold out from pre-orders. A few made it to various stores around the world, most of which were damaged due to quite fragile packaging. The store I got it from ordered 10 of which 1 survived.

7 hours ago, eman said:

Wouldn't mind a source for the Floyd in Aust to avoid import ripoffs and postage.  How much is it here now anyway  ?

Was either $45 or $50. Can't remember exactly.

I snagged L7, Bass Communion, Steven Wilson, Chet Faker, Jesus Jones and.....

....Taylor Swift (my excuse? 5yo daughter. But it is quite a good pop album....)

• Like 1

On 23/04/2018 at 3:30 PM, dimo said:

3 RSD pickups were Jeff Buckley concert, Pink Floyd -  Piper (Mono) and Sigur Ros. Also picked up the full 5LP Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.

58soIJ6.jpg

I really wanted the Sigur Ros and Jeff Buckley but nowhere to be seen by the time I got to the largest record store in Auckland. :( 

4 minutes ago, Citroen said:

I really wanted the Sigur Ros and Jeff Buckley

Sigur Ros was very limited, only 1 of the stores I visited actually had a copy of all 4 to begin with. Buckley also seemed to be quite limited but the price tag seemed to deter people.

31 minutes ago, dimo said:

Yep, only $25 in America :(

Still definitely cheaper than get a nice original mono copy.

Yeah I saw that.  Add exchange rate and postage, even from UK/EU, and it's too much for me. 

I have to pay post even on the Aussie ones so it's about the same cost. 

I've got two stereos.  Mono is an interesting thing but as an experience not a 'collectable '

On 17 April 2018 at 10:00 PM, cafe67 said:

David Sylvia's has the remastered double lp version of dead bees on a cake with extra tracks as he originally wanted alas uk only 

Bit the bullet and got all giddy on ebay, £60 i own one ?

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...