https://www.recordstoreday.com/

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

so less than a month to go now - thoughts? 

anything you're looking forward to or would recommend putting on the short list?

believe it or not I'm eyeing off - Rockabye Baby! Lullabye Renditions of The Beastie Boys

Rockabye Baby gets lots of air play with our new 4 month old lad

Record Store Day is great for in store performances, if in Melbourne, all these are worth visiting, not hard to get to them by tram.

No doubt they'll be bands at:

Basement Discs

Greville Records

Off The Hip Records

Northside Records

Rathdowne Records

extensive shop listings see

https://digginmelbourne.com/

for Sydneysiders

http://www.digginsydney.com/

regards Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Probably a better list of albums this RSD than for the last few years at least.  Of course this is debatable depending on taste.  however...  The complete lists came out after the last post in this thread!

Rowland S Howard - autoluminescant (though i don't really care too much for 7"'s)

Arcade Fire - First EP, first time on vinyl

L7 - Fast & Frightening

Tumbleweed - Self Titled

Various Artists - Hillbillies In Hell: Volume 666 (Country Music's Tormented Testament: 1952- 1974) and The Beginning Of The End: The Existential Psychodrama In Country Music (1956-1974)

Lou Reed and Kristofferson...

Jeff Buckley Live....

The National - Boxer (live in brussels)

Ben Kweller - Sha Sha

B52's - Rock n' Rockets, live 1998

I'll be happy to get a couple of these.  more specifically the first 4 i listed.

Edited by Piko

7 minutes ago, t_mike said:

I by far prefer his father Tim Buckley. Greetings from L.A. is a great album. Maybe I need to spin it sometime soon. 

Sorry man, but Jeff's Grace kills it...   {fight fight fight}

• Like 1

I was lucky last year and picked up what I wanted.Will try my local for these 2...

~ Welcome To The Blackout (Live London '78) - 3 x LP unreleased live set

~ Let’s Dance (Full-length) - 12” single featuring full length version of the demo and live version

I've got about 5 on my shortlist with a few more to sample/audition to make up my mind

On 18/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, cafe67 said:

David Sylvia's has the remastered double lp version of dead bees on a cake with extra tracks as he originally wanted alas uk only 

is there a way to figure out if it will be available here? I don't want to be dooking it out with the hoards for something not even in the country... 

1 minute ago, wasabijim said:

I've got about 5 on my shortlist with a few more to sample/audition to make up my mind

is there a way to figure out if it will be available here? I don't want to be dooking it out with the hoards for something not even in the country... 

Ive seem no mention of it being available here ?

On 4/17/2018 at 12:07 PM, Piko said:

Probably a better list of albums this RSD than for the last few years at least.  Of course this is debatable depending on taste.  however...  The complete lists came out after the last post in this thread!

Rowland S Howard - autoluminescant (though i don't really care too much for 7"'s)

Arcade Fire - First EP, first time on vinyl

L7 - Fast & Frightening

Tumbleweed - Self Titled

Various Artists - Hillbillies In Hell: Volume 666 (Country Music's Tormented Testament: 1952- 1974) and The Beginning Of The End: The Existential Psychodrama In Country Music (1956-1974)

Lou Reed and Kristofferson...

Jeff Buckley Live....

The National - Boxer (live in brussels)

Ben Kweller - Sha Sha

B52's - Rock n' Rockets, live 1998

I'll be happy to get a couple of these.  more specifically the first 4 i listed.

Oh. ..... Tumbleweed.   Is that the guys from Wollongong? That must be AU only if it is  ?

RSD  has come here for the first time  as our only seller now has a proper shop.  It's become a definite occasion with all sorts going on. There won't be a lot of RSD  releases cos he doesn't want to be stuck with a lot of obscure expensive stuff. 

I'll pick up Cymande - Promised Heights. 

Was interested in the Pink Floyd mono but it won't be here and costs too much.  Keen for it to get a standard release. 

Edited by eman

Yah Australian release.  Also Jebediah - Slightly Oddway.  

There usually are a few regional specific releases.

Also a few of the lesser popular record stores around Brisbane aren't taking part in special RSD releases from any majors as they want them to buy more than just one or two.  So yeah.  Only the big indies shops with high turnover seem to have the fun with a barrage of special releases.

Edited by Piko
  • Like 1

My contribution to RSD.  Don't think it was an official RSD thingy , tho haven't seen this version before , got at Urban Records. I checked out Diabolik Records which was a mad house but could find anything I wanted. 

As as an aside some of prices for RSD releases were out there. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On 19/04/2018 at 9:35 PM, wasabijim said:

On eBay but already silly money I bid £60 but got done out at the last minute at £62, I gave up on another at £75 . 

Ended up with:

L7 - Fast & Frightening

Tumbleweed - Self Titled

Jebediah - Slightly Oddway

Screamfeeder - Patterns Form

Birthday Party - Peel Sessions (didn't know this was being released until the day before)

On 18/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, cafe67 said:

David Sylvia's has the remastered double lp version of dead bees on a cake with extra tracks as he originally wanted alas uk only 

I'm sure I saw a copy in Basement Discs Melbourne on RSD!

6 hours ago, dimo said:

3 RSD pickups were Jeff Buckley concert, Pink Floyd -  Piper (Mono) and Sigur Ros. Also picked up the full 5LP Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.

58soIJ6.jpg

Oh i would kill for the LOTR soundtrack!  Didn't even know it was out for RSD :(