Sign in to follow this  
HodlRoger

SOLD: Bryston 4BSST2 300W (stereo) amplifier, Black 19” faceplate w handles

Item: Bryston 4BSST2 300W (stereo) amplifier, Black 19” faceplate w handles

Price: $3,250

Item Condition: Used

Reason for selling: Starting a family

Payment Methods: Pickup – Cash, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum

Extra Info: For sale, an industry benchmark power amp. The Bryston 4BSST2 amp is internationally acclaimed as being suited for the finest and most sophisticated sound systems. At a fraction of the original purchase price the buyer of this power amp will be able to drive the most demanding speaker with ease. Factory measured at 330W, they offer 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 with over 1000 watts available in bridged mode

The amp has been run in a smoke free environment experiencing no issues ever.

Amp is in its original packaging with 13 years remaining of the 20 year warranty.

4b.jpg

4b1.jpg

Great amplifier, a standard reference that you can’t go wrong with.

GLWTS, at the asking price I would hope it goes quickly.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Muzza71
      Price: $2250 Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Secret Harbour 6173 State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: Raising Funds for Active ATC Speakers Further information:
       I have decided to sell my beautiful large Bryston Mini T 3 Way Standmount Speakers to fund an Active speaker upgrade.
      Finished in  Walnut veneer RRP $6700.00
      These are large Standmounts at 570mm in height and weigh 19kg each, true 3 way speakers.
      I will throw in the sand filled speaker stands for local buyers.
      I have all original Packaging/Cloth speaker covers so can ship Aus wide at buyers expense.
      Don't confuse these for the lower Model A speakers

Frequency Response 33Hz to 20Khz (+/- 3dB) Impedance 4 Ohms (nominal) Sensitivity 86 dB SPL @ 1 meter with 1 watt (anechoic) Maximum SPL 112 dB SPL @ 1 meter Recommended Power 10 watts to 250 watts RMS Tweeter Single 1.0" Midrange Single 5.25" Mid-Woofer Single 8.0" Crossover 160 Hz & 2.3kHz Dimensions (HxWxD) 22.5" x 10.5" x 10.0" (571 x 267 x 250mm) Weight 42 lbs (19 kg) Finishes Black Ash
      Walnut
      Boston Cherry
      Custom Veneer available at additional cost   The Bryston Mini T Bookshelf was built to be exceptionally high quality and affordable while bringing superior design to the table. New driver designs, enclosure vibration analysis, crossover refinement, and anechoic chamber testing all went into creating an amazing product.
      Bookshelf as a category technically fits the Mini T form factor, but perhaps it is better described as a compact loudspeaker. At nearly two feet tall and 42 pounds, its heft may be out of place beside your collection of literature.
      Performance
      Size isn’t the point of pride with the Mini T, the smallest of the T Series. Unusually for a bookshelf or stand-mounted loudspeaker, this is a 3-way monitor featuring a high power 8-inch bass driver. Like it’s larger siblings, dynamics and low frequencies are reproduced with a realistic sense of scale typically sacrificed when purchasing small speakers.
      Drivers
      Even in a relatively small package, Bryston’s custom 8-inch woofer, midrange, and tweeter fit neatly on the front baffle. Bandwidth remains wide plunging to 33Hz in the bass region to 20kHz on top. Each driver is powered by FEA optimized motor systems and assembled in an ultra-rigid die-cast aluminum chassis which resists sympathetic vibrations that would otherwise feedback through the front of the drivers.
      Enclosure
      Though small, the Mini T espouses each of the cabinet construction principles found in all other models in the T Series. Heavy walls and a double-thick front baffle are anchored securely by a robust bracing lattice. Like other Bryston speakers, the Mini T is virtually uncolored by enclosure or port resonances.
      Features
      High levels of SPL without distortion or compression Unit to Unit matching Custom designed drivers with die-cast aluminium baskets, substantial magnet assemblies, and custom motor systems Wide dispersion design Engineered to prevent cabinet resonances

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By MAXXX
      Item: HALCRO Logic MC20, power amplifier
      Price: $2000
      Item Condition: Excellent 9/10
      Reason for selling: Too many amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Purchased app. 4 months ago from Simply HIFI here in Perth.
      Power Output: 400W RMS continuous into 4 Ohms Distortion THD: <0.007% at 1kHz at all powers up to 400W into 4 Ohms, <0.03% at 7kHz at all powers up to 400W Unbalanced and Balanced Voltage Inputs Mains Voltage: 100 – 120VAC or 190 – 250VAC Remote trigger switch between On & Standby Command Functions: Switch between On & Standby Ability to inhibit individual amplifier modules Amplifier module will indicate Over Temperature condition Halcro Reliability Assurance Service Dimensions
      Weight: 49.8lb or 21.1 kg Height: 7 inches or 169mm Width: 17 inches or 438mm Depth: 16 inches or 410mm   Local sale preferred (demo, proper check-up etc.), but happy to send as well...Currently hooked on ProAc Studio 140.
      Lots of reviews on Net.
      Asking price is less than half of other Halcro MC20 advertised on Ebay...

Note: No original box, comes with the manual. Minor imperfection on front  left corner as seen on the  photo.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By SoundGuy
      Item: Mark Levinson No.531H Power Amplifiers
      Price: $12,000 $10,500 $9300 
      Item Condition: As new (10/10)
      Reason for selling: NLR and Need Money
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Bought in April this year from a European authorised dealer  to power my Usher BE-10 speakers but the ushers are so efficient they don’t benefit from a lot of power these behemoth can put out and I need money for a Japan holiday. Australian retail price for these is over $20,000; 

Mark Levinson No. 531H Monaural Power Amplifier 

The No 531H and No532H are both true mono-block designs with independent power supplies for each channel and are rated at 300W per channel into 8 ohms. The transformers and power supply designs deliver unsurpassed dynamics and transient responses for today’s demanding audio formats and provide stability with even the most difficult to drive loudspeakers. Fully differential circuitry ensures that balanced input signals stay that way throughout the signal path and traditional Mark Levinson “Hurricane” binding posts offer secure termination to the loudspeaker. 

The four amplifiers in the No500H Series are the definition of truly outstanding performance in their respective categories. Drawing from the Mark Levinson heritage, while utilizing a new, straightforward, balanced, current-feedback design creates a new series of amplifiers that must be listened to in order to be fully appreciated. The final result is impressive even for the Mark Levinson high standard of excellence. 

Main Features 

•Reliable, high-power in four different channel configurations provide ideal solutions for any system 
      •Isolated chassis and signal grounds minimize noise, optimizing detail, even at low listening levels 
      •Fully-differential circuitry with both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA inputs 
      •Ethernet and 12V trigger control capability for system integration 

Inputs one balanced XLR input per channel; one unbalanced RCA input per channel 
      Speaker Connections one pair “Hurricane” loudspeaker outputs with banana-plug sockets per channel (banana-plug socket not available on the 230 VAC models) 
      Communication and Control one Ethernet 10Base-T port; one 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger input, 3-12Vdc; one 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger output, 3-12Vdc; 3-pin IEC standard power connector 
      Rated Output Power into 8 ohms 300W/ch (20Hz to 20kHz at 85dB, reference level: 2.83 Vrms 
      Input Sensitivity 2.83Vrms output at 130mVrms input 
      Gain 26.8dB 
      Input Impedance 60 kΩ (balanced); 30 kΩ (unbalanced) 
      Power Requirements 100V~, 120V~, 230V~, factory set for destination country; 
      Power Consumption 300W 
      Height (with feet): 7.65" (19.4cm); (without feet): 6.97" (17.7cm) 
      Width 17.75" (45.1cm) 
      Depth 19.83" (50.4cm) 
      Weight Net Weight: 52.5lb (23.8kg); Shipping weight: 62.5lb (28.4kg) 
      Tags: Krell, Mcintosh, audio research, luxman, accuphase, esoteric   Photos:  
    • By MattyW
      Ok, now that I've had my Wavebourn Edelweiss-3 for a few months and it's nicely burned in it's time for me to prepare writing my review of it which I'll post here over the coming month. I'll post my impressions and experience purchasing this wonderful amp from Anatoliy Lisovskiy, who will be releasing the production series of the Edelweiss-3 power amp, an integrated amp and separate preamp over the course of this year.

As I understand it the current production version of the power amp and integrated will all be EL34 though allow and pin compatible tube to be used right through to KT120, possibly even KT150. My own amp on the other hand uses WW2 vintage CV1127 radar sweep tubes.

The reason I initially started looking into a lower powered amp was that 6 months ago I built my first pair of DIY speakers. A pair of shallow cabinet open back speakers which share the performance characteristics of U frame open baffles. Unfortunately the copy darTZeel NHB-108B power amp I was running at the time was far too powerful making my 101db sensitive speakers too loud for regular use so I started investigating lower powered tube amps.

While looking into various solutions someone on AudioKarma pointed me in the direction of Anatoliy's Wavebourn amps and I got in touch via the Wavebourn facebook group. Over the next month or so I had an interesting discussion with Anatoliy about his amps, and their suitabillity to drive my DIY speakers (Lii Audio FAST-10 full range, Aurum Cantus G3Si ribbon, Skar Audio VX1ST bullet & Lii Audio W-15 woofer) and this led to discussions of his amps variable damping factors allowing suitabillity with a wide range of speakers. A feature which I believe may well be unique to the Wavebourn amps.

Overall details of the amp are as follows:

Input: 0 dB (0.775V) RCA, 50K stereo.
      Outputs: low ohm for 4-6 Ohm and high ohm, for 8-12 Ohm load.
      Power: at least 6W for <1% total harmonic distortions.
      Soft asymmetric saturation (inaudible clipping), negative output resistance for damping of woofers (servo-control of speakers).
      Bandwidth: 10 Hz-90 KHz -3 dB, from 20 Hz full power.

Tubes:

Raytheon VT127 (CV1127) radar sweep power tubes.
      8CB11 driver/preamp tube (twin video pentode – filament powered from rectified DC for zero audible hum.
      VR150 / Russian SG4S voltage regulator (purple glow).
      VR tube and solid state MOSFET voltage regulation.  The “Edelweiss” series derives it’s name from this. A beautiful flower which grows amongst hard mountain rocks.
      Selectable speaker damping

In order to support different speaker design types such as open baffles, horns, closed and ported boxes, there’s a damping factor switch that controls output resistance of the amplifier.
       Position 1 is the first on the left.
      1.       High output resistance (like pentode output with no feedback), sometimes referred to as "Current driving mode".
      2.       Similar to SET with no feedback.
      3.       SET with some feedback.
      4.       Negative output resistance for active servo-damping of woofers.

With a little experimentation I soon found that I prefer the negative output resistance setting, which is actually Anatoliy's own preference. Probably the least tube like sounding setting giving tight, accurate bass where other modes seem a bit looser. This is what I've continued to use since the first week I received the amp.
    • By vik74au
      Item: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1 Power Amplifier
      Price: $1,000
      Item Condition: Excellent, perfect working condition
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      5 x 200w RMS @ 8 Ohms (all channels driven), see below photo for more specs

Excellent working condition
      Sole owner since new
      Been nowhere near pets nor anybody smoking throughout its life.

Although I still have the original box, it is for pick up only as this amp is very heavy. 

Photos: