Should I sell my Grado cartridge?

I have obtained a Grado ZT+ cartridge without a stylus fron a Rotel TT purchase. I have moved onto an AT95E cartridge but am unsure of getting a stylus for the Grado.

If I was to keep it, from what I have read, I would go with an 8MZ stylus.

Is it worth it?

Should I sell it and move on?

I now use a Technics SL-23 TT and I 'd like some advice if the trouble I've read about Grado setups are worth the trouble.

Thanks SNers

Okay, i'm happy to keep it now with a few votes to.

I think I'll give the Grado Green stylus a go on it. This way it doesn't hurt the wallet too much and I should have a decent introduction to the Grado sound.

Obviously I'd love to purchase a 8MZ stylus but that's another $100 on the Green.

I've had the AT95E, Grado Black, 8MZ and MCZ for quite some time so I'll drop some notes.

I'm running an AT LP120 thru Schiit Jot phono into Focal Clears. I don't think the black stylus would be a upgrade over the AT95E per se - they're both grainy sounding, slight distortion around transient notes and probably sound inferior to an entry level digital setup. The since the green is an optimised cart/stylus combination I don't think that'll be worth it either.

The 8MZ however would be an upgrade. It's got the black stylus sound, but cleaned up. Syrupy, bassy and can be quite bombastic at times. Absolutely love it.

However, the Grado hums on my table. It's noticeable during the quieter parts and track changes but the hum is quite benign so I can live with it.

I'd also skip the green and go for a black. You're really there for the cart as it accepts the 8MZ, silver/gold and MCZ.

6 hours ago, Deuced said:

I'm running an AT LP120 thru Schiit Jot phono into Focal Clears. I don't think the black stylus would be a upgrade over the AT95E per se - they're both grainy sounding, slight distortion around transient notes and probably sound inferior to an entry level digital setup.

I've heard these cartridges in numerous turntables and though the AT95E might be a bit rough around the edges, its entertainment value far out points that. A bit confused about the entry level digital bit. I've never heard the AT table but it sounds like its letting you down mate. @Danyowski The 8MZ is a very competent stylus.