Panasonic TV - PVR owners (troubles)

Just trying to set in some timer recordings on my Pana PVR and noticed all the times were out ; So I'm thinking maybe the 'auto' daylight savings has been implemented by Panasonic  overnight. I fixed the problem after a few goes and switched back to the TV.  Well! that changed as well, just then, so I had to change all the 'time' settings on that too.  I know daylight savings takes effect on April 1st this year so are they 'fooling' us early?

Any other Panasonic owners notice this prob today?

ps. SWMBO would kill me if I didn't record MKR properly - gulp!!

Yes my first one (DMR 550 or something) died at 18 months old. Wasn't happy, it was $500 or thereabouts and we had to buy another one because none of the other competitors versions had the Blu Ray option, grrr, curse continually changing format.

Had this one now maybe 6 months, hope it last a bit longer!!

Easy to use though, Netflix, SBS On Demand, I View etc.

Might splash out for an Oppo if this one dies but by then we will be around 1k down the tubes, double grr...

MKR- pfft. Masterchef heaps better but I'll let you tell her that mate. :D 

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Grumpy said:

Just trying to set in some timer recordings on my Pana PVR and noticed all the times were out ; So I'm thinking maybe the 'auto' daylight savings has been implemented by Panasonic  overnight. I fixed the problem after a few goes and switched back to the TV.  Well! that changed as well, just then, so I had to change all the 'time' settings on that too.

Had a very similar timing problem once or twice with a dmrx300 .It had a problem resetting its time of the epg guide ; totally out of the blue :winky:

Good read here including how to reset manually if at all needed ?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1433655/panasonic-dmr-bw780-timer-probs

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Yes my first one (DMR 550 or something) died at 18 months old. Wasn't happy, it was $500 or thereabouts and we had to buy another one because none of the other competitors versions had the Blu Ray option, grrr, curse continually changing format.

Had this one now maybe 6 months, hope it last a bit longer!!

Easy to use though, Netflix, SBS On Demand, I View etc.

Might splash out for an Oppo if this one dies but by then we will be around 1k down the tubes, 

Buy a Sony BDP-S3500

will do all the above $148

• Stream Entertainment wirelessly for enjoyment of diverse full HD online contents
  • Advanced super Wi-Fi: Faster and stronger wireless network connection
  • Screen Mirroring to transfers photos or videos from a compatible smartphone or tablet to a TV for large-screen enjoyment
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, frankn said:

Buy a Sony BDP-S3500

• Stream Entertainment wirelessly for enjoyment of diverse full HD online contents
  • Screen Mirroring to transfers photos or videos from a compatible smartphone or tablet to a TV for large-screen enjoyment

Hullo brother Frank, hope all is going well for you and yours. Thanks mate, have had good service over the years from anything with a Sony badge. Will keep that link somewhere safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frankn said:

Buy a Sony BDP-S3500

That looks like a good bit of gear for the money, not sure about its features compared to the Panasonic though .

does all of the above - plus

twin tuners

twin recording

4K  etc

BUT costs a hell of a lot more

I have a pvr which I haven’t switched on in 15months. No need to with ABC IVIEW, SBS on Demand, Netflix and a plethora of other view on demand services. 

Edited by frankn
Auto correct edit

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, frankn said:

I have a pvr which I haven’t switched on in 15months. No need to with ABC IVIEW, SBS on Demand, Netflix and a plethora of other view on demand services. 

MotoGP last night?

Guest Eggcup The Daft

I’ve not seen it this time but have seen the time go out on our Panasonic TV and PVR in previous years, at the start of daylight saving.

We all assume, getting the time right in DVB-T is easy! I wish it were so.

The following Australian broadcaster Operational Practice-45 (OP-45) details all the required elements for TVs & recorders to function correctly...

http://www.freetv.com.au/media/Engineering/OP_45_Application_of_Time_Related_Tables_in_Australia.pdf