Wimbo

Tablets for World of Warcraft.

Posted (edited)

I'm really naive with this, so please be subtle.:) I'm going interstate and they're will be periods of boredom. I'm just wondering if there are any tablets second hand, say two years old that would be able to support WOW via wifi. Don't want to spend too much money as it's very likely I'll never use it again. Maybe just for web surfing. Or a small Laptop thats reasonably powerful. Cheers all.  

Edited by Wimbo

I'm not well informed on tablets, but the Microsoft Surface Pro's? That's the only thing I can think might manage WoW.

Here are the World of Warcraft system requirements (minimum)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 720.
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 440 or AMD™ Radeon™ HD 5670 or Intel® HD Graphics 5000.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 45 GB.

Those specs would be running at low res and low graphics settings, still choppy? i couldn't be sure. So look for those equivalents specs in each area or preferably better.

Unfortunately the Surface Pros are not in the cheaper options where tables are concerned.

1 minute ago, Muon N' said:

Those specs would be running at low res and low graphics settings, still choppy? i couldn't be sure. So look for those equivalents specs in each area or preferably better.

Unfortunately the Surface Pros are not in the cheaper options where tables are concerned.

Thanks mate. I might have to give WOW a miss and just Surf the internet or watch Utube. Looking at under $300.

Posted (edited)

@Wimbo After a google it appears you would even need to be selective with a Surface Pro even if the specs were up to it, as it needs a full version of the Windows OS and some came with a stripped down version (RT?)

Edited by Muon N'

@Wimbo After a google it appears you would even need to be selective with a Surface Pro even if the specs were up to it, as it needs a full version of the Windows OS and some came with a stripped down version.

Yeah mate. I might just have to get something that I can use for Utube. Thank god I've got a few hobbies and am Interested in a lot of things.:thumb:

2 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Yeah mate. I might just have to get something that I can use for Utube. Thank god I've got a few hobbies and am Interested in a lot of things.:thumb:

Ah! so not ya' average WoW player?

No sliding pizza under the door to keep you alive ;)

Just now, Muon N' said:

Ah! so not ya' average WoW player?

No sliding pizza under the door to keep you alive ;)

Lol, yeah mate. Just got home from a ride on my Chop. Looking up Ginger plants atm and Can't wait till the Belgian Classics start.:)

I didn't realise anybody still played Wow. I used to love it but it would have to be close to 10 years ago.

54 minutes ago, Ugly said:

I didn't realise anybody still played Wow. I used to love it but it would have to be close to 10 years ago.

Millions mate. One of my hobbies:lol: I even have the soft steel/pewter statue of the Orc on the Direwolf, given me for spending so much money. The whole family are gamers.Starting with "Shadows over Riva and Blade Runner. Soon followed by "Everquest" on a PVP realm.

Posted (edited)

@Muon N' Just got a Lenova Yoga off Graysonline for $39 plus the bullshit expenses. This will do the trick mate. Might even see if later on I can hang a DAC off it.:lol:

Will be fine for Utube and Surfing.

Edited by Wimbo

3 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

@Muon N' Just got a Lenova Yoga off Graysonline for $39 plus the bullshit expenses. This will do the trick mate. Might even see if later on I can hang a DAC off it.:lol:

Will be fine for Utube and Surfing.

What model?

What model?

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 850F 8-inch Tablet, Black

For the money, it will be fine. I use my mobile maybe twice a year hehe. Not into all the 21st Century stuff.

@Wimbo Well It's a bargain for sure :thumb:

Thanks for your help mate:)