SOLD: ON OFFER!! Arcam irDAC with Linear Power Supply PRICE REDUCED!!

SOLD

Item: Arcam irDAC with Linear Power Supply
Price: $495
Item Condition: Mint with original box
Reason for selling: Unused as now into balanced audio
Payment Method: Bank Transfer
Extra Info: I could not believe the puny power supply  which came with this lovely DAC so purchased a linear PS and inserted into the container as shown in the pics.  Note it is NOT an Arcam PS but is far superior and makes all the difference to the effectiveness of the DAC.

The heavy PS brings the all up weight of the package to 2.2 kg .

I part with it with some reluctance as it is one of the best single ended DACs I've had the pleasure to own - you can read glowing reports of it on the net but remember those reports are with the original wall wart PS.  The linear one with this DAC takes it to a new level.

Pictures:

DSC_6761x.jpg

DSC_6763x.jpg

DSC_6764x.jpg

Edited by Tassie Devil

I guess so, I have it somewhere.

John

PS:  I think I've located it.  It is a standard 12V 1.5A and that relatively low power rating has always puzzled me when the Arcam specs show a higher power rating is specified. The wall wart is here in Tasmania - the rest of the Arcam is in Adelaide with my friend.

Edited by Tassie Devil
Additional info

• 4 weeks later...

Hello John,

Is the DAC still available? Please forgive me but I have to ask; Was it love or insanity that led to 16,000 albums? I've been collecting for 50+ years and might be up to 3500 albums, cds, cassettes and downloads. Should my wife ever question the number, I'm pointing the finger at you.

Thanks, Mike

16 hours ago, djmt said:

Hello John,

Is the DAC still available? Please forgive me but I have to ask; Was it love or insanity that led to 16,000 albums? I've been collecting for 50+ years and might be up to 3500 albums, cds, cassettes and downloads. Should my wife ever question the number, I'm pointing the finger at you.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike

Apologies, it has been sold - I'll now alter the as accordingly.  But I still have an even better alternative you can have for the same price - a highly modded Benchmark DAC 1.  I had two, one has been sold but I still have the other. Digital expert, Steve Nugent in the USA used to modify them (at a cost!!!) .  I have a lot of detail about all this if you are interested.  Maybe better to continue this conversation off board - email me at  jcoulsonATiprimus.com.au replacing the AT of course.

Making me a scapegoat for your record collecting is a bit suss, but as you are several states away I guess I'm safe from any matriarchal (should I say maniacal? - no because that is the camp we are in!!)  attack.  Again, email me off board and I'll make a feeble attempt to justify my actions!

John