Sponsor
Posted (edited)

Item: Densen Audio B-420XS Compact Disc Player & D/A Converter.
Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ, 64 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove, NSW 2066
Price: $1700
Item Condition: Very good second hand condition
- Please note that this item also includes the optional Gizmo remote control, (an important addition, as we're told the replacement cost can be up to $400). 
Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, Credit Cards + Watch Payments Apps & CC payment rings (provided you are in store), Bank transfers.
Shipping: We will ship to anywhere in Australia - prices do vary, so please let us know if you need an item sent so we can get a price for this. 
Extra Info: High quality
Densen CD Player/transport, with digital input, allowing it to function as DAC. The CD transport uses an external clock control to avoid playback jitter by using same clock in both sending and receiving end of the data-stream.
Signals pass through the advanced pcb layout to the DAC, then to the analogue stage using Densen’s unique non feedback, class A topology.
Read more on the B-420 from Densen's site here
Review: We have a found a review of this device (which is done in conjunction with the B130) by 6moons Audio here
And another short review here from HiFi Review here

Specifications:

Line outputs: 2
Digital outputs: 2
Digital Input: 1 COAX/SPDIF
Storage capacity: 40.000uF
D/A converters: 2
D/A converters type: 24bit Just listen...
Weight/shipping weight: 8/10 Kg
Product dimensions (WxDxH): 440x310x64mm
Pictures:

SN_Denson_B-420_1.jpg

SN_Denson_B-420_2.jpg

Edited by LWA Staff
Correcting an accidental mis-spelling/typo of the word 'DENSEN' XD

Sponsor
14 hours ago, goldiver said:

Would that be a DENSEN by any chance? :cool:

:oops:

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sandalaudio
      Item: Apogee Rosetta 200 192/24 Mastering DAC / ADC
      Price: $800 + shipping
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Cash on pickup or bank deposit
      Extra Info:
      Hi. I would like to sell my Apogee Rosetta 200. This is a studio mastering 2ch A/D and D/A converter with 192 kHz 24 bit support.
      I purchased it over 5 years ago and has been my reference DAC at home, but I just upgraded so I decided to let it go.

You can check the specifications info online e.g.:
      https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/apogee-rosetta-200
      https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Rosetta200

Inputs are S/PDIF coax, optical, and AES/EBU, and also has word clock sync. Analogue output is XLR balanced. I used to use AES/EBU with Word clock to my CD transport, and it sounded really amazing. Apogee is one of the top professional studio A/D - D/A companies in the world, and many great albums were created using these models. Note that this is a Rosetta 200, not the multi-channel Rosetta 800 or the old the predecessor Rosetta.

You can use it as just a good audiophile DAC, or also use it as a high quality 192kHz/24bit ADC for recording, digitising LP etc.
      Apogee moved on to a more modular multi-channel Symphony system since then, so this Rosetta 200 is their last stand-alone mastering 2ch DAC.
      FYI it doesn't come with the optional firewire card. I tried but never bothered with it because it didn't sound good compared to S/PDIF, and nobody wants Firewire these days. If you want to hook up to a PC then it's much better to just get some external USB to S/PDIF or AES/EBU converter.

The sound quality is very warm, colourful and really shines on rock music (I guess that was the target market professionally). It doesn't have the typical harshness or dryness that many professional DACs tend to have, so it works very well as a home listening DAC as much as in a studio. It works even better if your source supports clock sync.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Original price was $1795 USD, and I remember I paid around $2500 AUD new. I have the original box and packing. It is fairly heavy and shipping will be expensive, so pickup is preferred (Sydney Uni/Central area, but I can meet at some CBD stations as well).

Pictures:

• By Russell Cook
      Item: NAD M51 DAC
      Price: $1150
      Item Condition: as new - used
      Reason for selling: upgrading
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

NAD M51 DAC

For sale is my trusty NAD M51 DAC. It offers a lovely sound, and excellent flexibility as it can operate as a digital pre-amp. It was well & copiously reviewed upon release around 6 years ago. I've had this unit for 3 years. It has been kept in the rack in a smoke + pet free environment.

The unit is in very good condition. Operationally, it is excellent. Cosmetically, also excellent. It comes with original boxes and remote.

NAD says (https://nadelectronics.com/product/m51-direct-digital-dac/):
      "One of our Masters Series’ finest components to date, the M51 Direct Digital™ DAC uses the same high precision digital processing as our groundbreaking M2 Direct Digital Amplifier, but in a new format that easily interfaces with high performance analogue components, including our M22 Stereo Power Amplifier. With features such as extremely low noise, low distortion, wide dynamic range, superb linearity and exceptionally low digital jitter, the M51 will help bring your home theatre system to life. With the ability to accept PCM data rates up to 24 bit/192kHz, the M51 makes it perfect for listening to high resolution downloads, allowing you to hear your favourite songs in the best audio quality possible. Possessing two HDMI inputs and one output with video pass through, the M51 seamlessly becomes the heart of a video 2.0 system, further displaying the M51’s remarkable versatility and innovation..."

"While the M51 includes the industry standard SPDIF, AES/EBU, Optical and Coaxial inputs, it also includes the latest USB technology called USB Audio Class 2. USB Audio Class 2 supports sample rates of 192kHz releasing the previous limitation of USB at 96kHz. A device USB port is included allowing direct connection of a PC or Mac.

The M51 offers two HDMI inputs and one output with video pass through. This opens up the possibility of using the M51 Direct Digital DAC as the heart of a “Video 2.0” system using the mandatory two-channel linear PCM soundtrack from Blu-ray or DVD to make a compelling two-channel high definition theatre presentation. Many symphony orchestras and some specialty music labels are also released in HD recordings on Blu-ray or DVD. The M51 is fully 3D video compatible but there is no surround sound decoding or video processing...."

Reviewers said:
      (Stereophile) "I admit to having been a little suspicious at first of the PCM-to-PWM approach that NAD has taken in the M51. That was before I'd had a chance to live with it for a couple months. Nothing raised an eyebrow, and the claimed benefits in jitter rejection and filter design have obviously paid off.

I prefer DACs that reveal as much as possible about what was captured on the tape or in the digits, and couldn't care less about adding a rose-colored tint to dodgy digital sound. In this regard, the NAD M51 succeeds with a wonderfully detailed and revealing sound best described as honest, with a friendly smile. And it was a pleasure to listen to.

In other words, bitstream brilliance."
      Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-m51-direct-digital-da-converter-page-2#euZkR1lJvjSOgScr.99

(What Hifi - https://www.whathifi.com/nad/m51/review)
      "The M51 sounds sensational. In fact, we’d go further than that by saying it’s one of the best NAD separates we’ve heard in recent memory."

(SoundStageHifi - https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/498-nad-masters-m51-direct-digital-digital-to-analog-converter)
      "The DAC market is a crowded place. To make any headway, a new entrant -- even one from a thoroughly established brand like NAD -- needs to offer something special. Feature-wise, the Masters M51 matches its competition, and ups the ante with those two HDMI inputs and its pass-through facility, making it the only high-end DAC of which I’m aware that really fits in the two-channel home-theater space ... The M51’s sound, too, is something a bit different. Other DACs take a tighter hold on the music, tease out more detail, or create a better-defined soundstage. What the Masters M51 offers is a sound that’s smooth, laid-back, and always pleasant, no matter what you throw at it. Its slight favoring of the midrange imbues the sound with just a hint of extra warmth. For many listeners, such a combination is a recipe for audio bliss."

Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Item:  Densen system.  B200+ preamp, B420XS cd player and B320+ power amp.
      Price:  $1600 for each component (so that means $4800 for the lot) 
      RRP at time of buying was $4K for the cd player and power amp, I think the pre was slightly cheaper, about $3.5K.  Anyway they are all $1600 here.  I have the cd player receipt.
      Item Condition:  Excellent, some very minor scuff marks on the exterior (that do not want to photograph) and excellent on the interior as well.
      Reason for selling:  Had plans to run these with a certain set of speakers but the speakers never eventuated.  Have been mostly sitting in the hall way cupboard for the last 2 years.
      Extra Info:  I bought these from Pymble HiFi before their move and got them at a good price.  Intended to keep them and use them when I bought a certain pair of speakers but the stars never quite aligned with that plan and now it is time to make some space in the secondary storage area that I refer to as my hallway cupboard.  I am willing to separate but if that happens then it will be first in best choice as to who gets the gizmo remote control (worth an additional $490 new) with its charger and the denlink cable.  I have the original double boxed packaging so can post to anywhere.  I have attempted to allow for postage in the asking price but may have to add a little for postage to extreme ends of the country.  I can deliver to SE Qld buyers personally so if they end up staying in SE Qld I can knock a couple hundred off the price.

Note:  I have registered all three components with Densen and I believe their lifetime warranty is not transferable.  You had to send the faulty component back to Denmark to claim on the warranty anyway so it was of arguable use here in Oz.  Andy of HiFi Repair Services is my warranty man now but he wasn't on the scene back when I registered these.

Even more info:
      Yes, the cd player contains a coax digital input so it can be used as a stand alone DAC.  It contains a cd-ROM style drive which is mounted on a frame internally, do not get a cd stuck in side it (just don't do it!) as to get to the little spot that manually ejects the tray you have to take the unit apart and remove the entire drive from its frame.  It is a massive pain in the rear, do everything you can to make sure you place any cds in the tray properly and don't go shaking it around.  This has only happened once, but the experience stuck with me.
      https://vaf.com.au/collections/denson-ampifers
      The B320+ is rated at 100wpc into 8 Ohms and 200 into 4.  It does not have A and B speaker switching, the extra binding posts are there to allow for biwiring.
      I'm not sure if the B200+ is still a current model, it may be discontinued, Densen are not great at keeping their website up to date.
      I have emailed Densen about the fact that they are using incorrect pictures on their website, several of their integrated amp pages all use the same picture of the internals and several of the pics in their preamp pages are actually of their integrated amps.  They replied that they use a contractor to create their site and that they would pass on the info to them.  This was over 12 months ago.  That is probably not relevant, but it irks me, it really does.
      Pictures:

• By Grieveman
      Item: Cambridge Audio DacMagic plus (black) + 2 Audioquest Cinnamon 50cm XLR cables
      Price: 400
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: upgrade
      Extra Info:
      Comes with original box (I am the only owner). It is around 1 year old.
       https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/hifi-and-home-cinema/dacmagic-plus
      Pictures:

• By Janjuc
      Item: Marantz HD-DAC 1 with Upgraded RCA Cables
      Price:  (Currently selling for around $1450 in stores)
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + Fees, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      Well known DAC  / Headphone Amp in excellent condition.

24 bit/192 kHz and DSD 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz
      Digital inputs: 2 x optical, coaxial, USB B, USB A
      Analogue inputs: 3,5 mm
      Analogue outputs: RCA (fixed), RCA (variable)
      Headphone out: 6,3 mm
      Frequency response: 2 Hz - 20 kH
      S/N ratio: 106 dB
      THD: <0.0012%

Reviews Below:

https://www.stereolifemagazine.com/reviews/item/1044-marantz-hd-dac1

http://www.hifi-review.net/213-marantz-hd-dac1.html

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/marantz_hd_dac1.htm

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/info/hi-fi-guide/marantz-hd-dac1-a-delight-for-the176445

Pictures:

JJ