FS: ER Audio 505 ESL mini panels

Item: ER Audio 505 Electrostatic Mini Panels

Price: $390 with donations to SNA and ER Audio who have been a wealth of knowledge and support over the past two years.

Reason for selling: Upgraded to newer model of 505

Payment Methods: Paypal, Cash - Pickup

Item condition description: I’ve had these panels for about two years now and they have been brilliant. The only reason I’m selling is because I now also have the newer version of the 505 panel making these surplus to requirements.

The panels have just been refurbished with new diaphragms, the stators re-coated with PCB Epoxy, screws replaced with nylon screws as per the latest model, and the edging strip has been replaced.

The panels have some minor scuffs and marks on them but these are only visible up close. Functionally they’re as new and they are in good and very presentable condition. I’d recommend grill cloths anyway given these things are dust magnets!

The acoustic resonance of both panels is extremely close as is their sensitivity.

The panels come with the power supply boards which also include the step up audio transformers but do not include the required 12v DC adapters. These should be available direct from ER Audio but are just regulated 12vdc 1A supplies with 2.1mm plugs.

There are slots for a crossover capacitor and inductor on each board. These are not included but are available from ER Audio if required. I run mine with an active crossover instead using miniDSP and highly recommend this!

If you are in Melbourne you are welcome to come and hear the newer model in action. The sound is very close to the older model for sale, especially given my chosen crossover point.

Panels are now $770 new, so grab yourself a bargain!

feddf9fa55e3064e83e47eed73126762.jpgb6a7e36f327a7014af2ef97bcd0976d5.jpg