SOLD: FS: AVANTGARDE XA PRE & POWER AMPS

SOLD

Item:                               Avantgarde XA Pre-Amplifier & XE Power Amplifier
Price:                              $20,000 (for both)
Item Condition:             Excellent
Reason for selling:       Need to raise funds
Payment Method:         Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I am offering for sale a set of rare, high quality, great sounding amplifiers. One is a Pre-Amplifier and one is a stereo power amplifier, sold together as a set.

Avantgarde Acoustic are known for their highly respected horn speakers, which can be very revealing of the source and amplification.

According to them, a few years ago they became aware that many of their customers who bought the Duo & Trio speakers were wanting better amplification than what they could commonly find.

They decided to embark on a project to create the best possible amplification not only for their range of loudspeakers but for all audiophiles with all loudspeaker types.

Key objectives were VERY LOW noise floor (silence) and mechanical & electrical isolation.

If you are interested, have a read of this review because it sums up the great attention to detail contained within this equipment, including a patented DC circuit for the signal:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/avantgarde_xa.htm

With the flick of a toggle switch, the XA PRE can be switched to DC function. This isolates the signal from the AC power supply and it runs from an internal battery supply.

There are a few high end pre-amps that provide this feature because the sonic benefits are remarkable and have to be heard to be believed.

The music emerges from a totally silent black background. You can hear the silence between the notes and this has the effect of completely transforming the dynamics of the sound.

The resolution is wonderful but at the same time the sound is natural and musical - the rhythmic & timing qualities of the music create a great canvas for the melody to unfold.

You don't have to be an owner of horn speakers to appreciate these amplifiers. I have connected & listened to them with Wilson Alexandria, Duntech Sovereign and Sonus Faber Aida loudspeakers and they were superb.

This set were purchased from the Australian dealer and are finished in the Tiger Rosewood presentation. They are made in Germany, facilitate only XLR connections (no RCA unbalanced) and produce 150W per channel. Beware though....each amplifier is over 40kg!

Here is the manufacturer's website for your reference:

https://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/en/hornloudspeaker.html

The cost of these brand new is $43,000 ($23,000 for the XA PRE and $20,000 for the XA POWER).

In the review mentioned above, Roy Gregory says "They are not cheap -- although in material and performance terms they are certainly a bargain".

If you are genuinely interested, I'd like to hear from you.

Please note that these are not just another similar version of the common amplifier designs available everywhere. These are a genuinely innovative design that has resulted in multiple patent applications and they sound distinctly better than all the amplifiers that I have heard. If you are looking for a 'destination' set of amplifiers that are built with the finest attention to detail inside and out, that will give you truly world class performance and have a hint of exclusivity, then these may be just waiting for you......enjoy!

(Please note that in the pictures, the Townshend Audio pods that the amps are resting on are not included in the sale)

Pictures:

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

Edited by MusicLover69
Price Drop
  • Like 10

• Volunteer
16 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

Beautiful system.

Just to clarify there are two XE Amplifiers  as well as the Preamp in this sale?

I can only see one XE Amplifier in your photos?

Cheers

Pretty sure it's a single, stereo power amp. 

Not sure where the ad mentions two power amps ?

39 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Pretty sure it's a single, stereo power amp. 

Not sure where the ad mentions two power amps ?

Presumably I have I misread "amplifiers" as being plural...

"Avantgarde XE Pre & XE Power Amplifiers"

"I am offering for sale a set of rare, high quality, great sounding amplifiers."

Cheers

• Like 1

Sorry folks, hopefully I have amended it so that it's clear now.

There is a Pre-amplifier which is sitting on the stand next to the turntable and also a seperate stereo power amplifier, sitting in the stand directly under the pre-amp. The two are offered together as a set.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:05 PM, daveyonthecoast said:

What is the TT, in the photo??, I have a few hi end TT's, but yours, I don't know, what is the arm??, I'm looking to upgrade my Well Tempered Labs Reference??

Many Thanks

David

Hi David, apologies for the late reply. My TT is a Michelle Orbe with the Gert Pederson upgrades installed. The arm is a Schoeder CB (Captive Bearing) arm. I highly recommend this combination of components. I've played around with a lot of analogue over the years and this was the best value for money set up. True world class performance for a fraction of the cost of uber-set-ups.

Regards, George.