Oppo Plays 4k UHD ISO's!

13 hours ago, errupin said:

I wonder if it will be soon disabled with the next firmware as it happened with BD iso playback...

Hopefully not. With Oppo now deciding to get out of the game, they may resist such pressures to conform to such industry expectations. What would be really nice is if they also gave us BD folder/ISO playback as a parting gift! I won't be holding my breath, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, cashflag said:

The 203 does not play blu ray (or DVD) folders, nor ISO files of any kind. Strictly UHD folders.

Ok, but what about cinavia inside UHD folders? Can Oppo handle without problem?

4 minutes ago, polve said:

Ok, but what about cinavia inside UHD folders? Can Oppo handle without problem?

I only trialled a handful of titles, but one did exhibit copy protection measures so probably not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2018 at 2:38 PM, Tasso said:

hi tasso I m planning to buy oppo udp 203 (main reason for buying oppo for best picture quality) I want to 4k BX.ISO and 4k Bdmv folder. I want to know which firmware u r running on oppp udp 203. and need your guide for buying oppo udp 203

21 hours ago, furqansaeed18 said:
On 8/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, Tasso said:

hi tasso I m planning to buy oppo udp 203 (main reason for buying oppo for best picture quality) I want to 4k BX.ISO and 4k Bdmv folder. I want to know which firmware u r running on oppp udp 203. and need your guide for buying oppo udp 203

You should be able to play full  BDMV folders with the Beta firmware. ISO playback appears to be unreliable and very few have had success with it.  But I haven't had any issues with folders. I'm not sure how the latest firmware  stacks up with this though.   

For reliable playback of any file however, you still cant go past some of the 4K  media players like Dune 4k, Zidoo X9 etc.    Used in conjunction with the Oppo, the results can be outstanding.  For example, I prefer the PQ when  sourced from Dune 4k through Oppo ( via HDMI In) and to the projector rather than either direct.  I'm not sure why this is so and you can also use Oppo's video processing irrespective of the source. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, errupin said:

Hi tasso!! Do you mean that Dune 4k can play any iso or bdmv folder? for both BD an UHD? Thanks for your help. 

Yes it does. It can play them as a disc with menu support or  movie only.     

20 hours ago, errupin said:

Thank you!! I didn't know it, it is a shame that now there is not any DUNE unit with UHD disc player tray...

Zappiti  4K HDR player has a UHD disc tray - I think Zappiti is based on the same hardware as Dune but  has pretty slick interface with more system units like a 4K HDR NAS server with ripping and library abilities 

1 hour ago, Tasso said:

I think Zappiti is based on the same hardware as Dune but  has pretty slick interface with more system units like a 4K HDR NAS server with ripping and library abilities 

yep, it seems to be pretty much the same as Dune

Zappiti NAS works as UHD player and Rip device, but is bit overpriced for what it does...NUC or similar with external BD drive can do the same for less than half...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...