vinylengine resource web site may be near its end

5 hours ago, djb said:

The TT that shal not be named was not built strong enough to last the distance.

It lacks the weight and quality components of its competitors 

Oh really? It's my end-game turntable. Housed in a heavy, solid plinth, it makes nearly all modern turntables look like toys in comparison.

Edited by ochremoon
typo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, rocky500 said:

I just tried again and was able to download a service manual.

So best to try again soon as it might shut down again. 

Hey man, thanks for the assist,  Nice one, it just worked.

G'day all, it's sad to hear about this as the VE is indeed a wonderfully useful online resource, however based on my earlier previous interactions with that website owner, which to be honest were nothing short of bizarre, I now have nothing nice to say about that person.  I was one of many who were highly regarded, yet banned for totally unjustifiable reasons.  Regards, Felix. 

1 hour ago, catman said:

G'day all, it's sad to hear about this as the VE is indeed a wonderfully useful online resource, however based on my earlier previous interactions with that website owner, which to be honest were nothing short of bizarre, I now have nothing nice to say about that person.  I was one of many who were highly regarded, yet banned for totally unjustifiable reasons.  Regards, Felix. 

Your not Robinson Crusoe there Felix. I got banned simply for posting on another forum. 

People are in fear of saying anything incase they are banned to, this is a bit like how Putin works although his methods are a little more lethal (putins) a bit of power goes to ones head.

The good news is most of the info can be had elsewhere now days and you can live quite happily without VE.

2 hours ago, awty said:

Your not Robinson Crusoe there Felix. I got banned simply for posting on another forum. 

People are in fear of saying anything incase they are banned to, this is a bit like how Putin works although his methods are a little more lethal (putins) a bit of power goes to ones head.

The good news is most of the info can be had elsewhere now days and you can live quite happily without VE.

Gees, I better to check to see if I'm banned.

I was about to post a very angrily worded retort to LH before I read all the posts here and now, realising it's a VE lead spat, the post will now not be sent. Anyway, I am registered on both the VE and LH sites with same user name and password. Like Wimbo, I just downloaded two things from VE without a problem:cool:........no prohibitive message at all. For me (at the moment anyway) it's access all areas it seems. That's a tad confusing.:)

Edited by stevoz

Just dont mention LH or Pm LH (yes he reads others pm's) on VE or post on the "i got banned from VE" thread in LH and you should be OK........or else there will be no soup for you!

BTW I agree with djb and if anyone has one lying around I will happily take it off there hands and dispose of it correctly.

• Like 1

Tip: some part of VE will be available on archive.org especially if some mechanical turk clicks every page in the web site, including manuals.

Fell free to dive in, for your favourite brands. This is the sort of thing crowdsourcing is designed for.

14 hours ago, ochremoon said:

Oh really? It's my end-game turntable. Housed in a heavy, solid plinth, it makes nearly all modern turntables look like toys in comparison.

I think it is the standard turntable seems a bit flimsy.

I had one and using the levers felt and sounded clunkey.

The tonearm looked very cheap in design and did not work that well (replaced those rubber type v things). That headshell seems cheap,  but it did sound good. Sold it to a mate many years ago, who is still using it today.

The ones I have seen on the net once modded up a bit, look great and bet sound awesome. It seems some only end up keeping the motor section from the original parts. :)