vinylengine resource web site may be near its end

Just went to Vinyl Engine to download something and it won't allow downloads.

In the forum I see this. 

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102848

Sad if it closes as it was a good place for info.

Once logged in and you go to download something, you get this message. 

"Sorry, but due to repeated spamming of this website the registration and download section are closed until further notice.

This spamming has been organised by members of the lencoheaven forum and supported by their admin ropie who has allowed details of attacks to be posted there, and advised his members to use VPNs to get around bans.

Thanks to the many folk who have supported and contributed to this site over the years. No thanks to the leechers, trolls and spammers."

Edited by rocky500

Just went to Vinyl Engine to download something and it won't allow downloads.
In the forum I see this. 
https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102848

Sad if it closes as it was a good place for info.

Once logged in and you go to download something, you get this message. 

"Sorry, but due to repeated spamming of this website the registration and download section are closed until further notice.

This spamming has been organised by members of the lencoheaven forum and supported by their admin ropie who has allowed details of attacks to be posted there, and advised his members to use VPNs to get around bans.

Thanks to the many folk who have supported and contributed to this site over the years. No thanks to the leechers, trolls and spammers."

That's terrible if it's true. It's a great resource.

Guest Hensa

That is a bloody tragedy! I’ve used Vinyl Engine many times as it is a fabulous resource and pools a huge amount of expertise in their forum.

I’ve no idea what might have transpired between Lenco Heaven and Vinyl Engine but it’s sad it see it get so ugly. Fingers crossed that sanity prevails and we don’t lose access to a remarkable database of information.

Edited by Hensa

16 minutes ago, Hensa said:

That is a bloody tragedy! I’ve used Vinyl Engine many times as it is a fabulous resource and pools a huge amount of expertise in their forum.

+10!!

16 minutes ago, Hensa said:

I’ve no idea what might have transpired between Lenovo Heaven and Vinyl Engine

Rocky's grab from the VE Website said Lenco Heaven!

(I always thought Lenco owners were strange people!  :lol: )

Andy

• Like 1

Yes indeed, I used to own one of those soul-sucking useless shitty excuses for a record spinner. I still bear the emotional scars from years of trying in vain to make it perform. I gave it away and still got off lightly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grimmie said:

Yes indeed, I used to own one of those soul-sucking useless shitty excuses for a record spinner. I still bear the emotional scars from years of trying in vain to make it perform. I gave it away and still got off lightly.

Which lenco causes you that much grief?

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Due to repeated spamming, LH members are no longer welcome on this websiACte

and I haven't tried to log on to VE for a couple of years. 

Any one who mentions lenco heaven on ve gets instantly band, even if its by PM's (he monitors them) and now he is going through lenco heaven and banning any one who has the same username in both forum.

You cant PM him either. 

The bloke is deluded and paranoid and has some weird vendetta against lencos. This has been going on for about 4 .

He will probably pull the plug completely one day.

Hey guys, I've recently picked up a free Marantz TT4000. It's in good condition, but I can hear a slight knocking sound from the bottom of the spindle mechanism, that transfers through the stylus and out the speakers.

I have no idea what the components are named. I took off the square casing holding this mechanism, and the spindle enters a black disc at the base. I'm not sure if it is the motor, or just a bearing inside that is making the noise.

It looks a little more complicated to remove the disc from it's housing, and I was looking for the manuals to assist me.

I went to Vinyl Engine, where I have been posting and utilising for about 6 months.  I was unable to access any manuals, getting the exact message posted above.  They are currently having problems with picture uploads too, so hopefully it's not permanent with regard to both.

It is a great site and an alternative, broader world representation of Vinyl enthusiasts.

Guest Hensa
1 hour ago, andyr said:

Rocky's grab from the VE Website said Lenco Heaven!

(I always thought Lenco owners were strange people!  :lol: )

Andy

Quite right - Lenco Heaven - bloody auto-correct!

Guest Hensa
1 minute ago, rantan said:

Geez mate. It might be a bit difficult fitting a nice cart to a lappy or phone:lol:

? Ironically, if I’d typed the message on my Lenovo, I wouldn’t have made the typo in the first place!

1 hour ago, Grimmie said:

Good onya for 'giving it away' (ie. pass the problem onto some other sucker!) ... but what TT do you have now?  :)

Or did it turn you off owning a TT forever?

Andy

34 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Quite right - Lenco Heaven - bloody auto-correct!

Shirley, you don't have to accept the auto-corrects?

Or are you just in too much of a hurry?  :P

Andy

Guest Hensa
5 minutes ago, andyr said:

Shirley, you don't have to accept the auto-corrects?

Or are you just in too much of a hurry?  :P

Andy

It was the latter, Andy.... what’s the excuse for “Shirley”??

It's a spat that's been going on for years.  This is from an administrator at LH:

We tried to get to the bottom of it a few years back and offered an olive branch but JAS just didn't want to talk to us. A great pity really as the sites could have complimented each other nicely as we do with The Art of Sound now.

As far as we are aware we have not, on any occasion, spammed his site, indeed we have not been shown any evidence that this has happened.

What bothers me now though is the hypocritical way he happily bans anyone who mentions LH on VE but is happy to skulk around here banning anyone who criticises VE.

As far as accusing Ropie of encouraging use of VPN isn't it just the same as him not being open about his membership here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey guys, I've recently picked up a free Marantz TT4000. It's in good condition, but I can hear a slight knocking sound from the bottom of the spindle mechanism, that transfers through the stylus and out the speakers.

I have no idea what the components are named. I took off the square casing holding this mechanism, and the spindle enters a black disc at the base. I'm not sure if it is the motor, or just a bearing inside that is making the noise.

It looks a little more complicated to remove the disc from it's housing, and I was looking for the manuals to assist me.

I went to Vinyl Engine, where I have been posting and utilising for about 6 months.  I was unable to access any manuals, getting the exact message posted above.  They are currently having problems with picture uploads too, so hopefully it's not permanent with regard to both.

It is a great site and an alternative, broader world representation of Vinyl enthusiasts.

I just tried again and was able to download a service manual.

So best to try again soon as it might shut down again. 

2 hours ago, andyr said:

Good onya for 'giving it away' (ie. pass the problem onto some other sucker!) ... but what TT do you have now?  :)

Or did it turn you off owning a TT forever?

Andy

Damn don't you hate losing posts after typing them and before posting..grrrr.

Anyway, I think I got a bit carried away dissin' the Lenco (GL75) but I did spend a lot of time trying to get it working and heaps of cash too on 'repairers' who probably didn't have the knowledge they intimated they had but charged like an expert for all that. It had a speed issue (for which Lenco's are normally reputed to be very good) that no-one and nothing could cure and was also very mechanically noisy.

I did get onto Lenco Heaven a few times for advice on a course of action but again that led no-where. Maybe Vinyl engine would have been a good source but didn't know of their existence. Very saddening to hear that web-sites would engage in a war to the death if that's indeed what's happened. The internet can be such a gutless place sometimes, just hearing of another young person taking their own life after being bullied on-line for years, - yet another I should probably say. Does the 'net need a police force? It used to be that everyone was totally anonymous behind a keyboard but that seems to be slowly changing, maybe soon people will have to answer for their words, the qwerty being mightier than the sword and far sharper as we all know.

Sorry, rambling now. No, not put off the liquorice discs, I now own a Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace with Space arm and Ortofon 2M Black. I put that through a Vincent PHO-701 which may not be the most glamorous of phono's but sounds pretty good for the limited use I have for vinyl.