Comprehensive image retention over 24wks

23 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Was never going to pull this up as it’s not independent.  Buttt!    And someone posted s very informative information as to why Samsung has pulled out of the OLED technology in panels and why they kept it for handheld devices. 

There is no pleasing is there with all the evidence even from local stores?   But this is not what this thread is about!  It’s about giving consumers something to consider as a choice... so they know what they’re in for. 

Dont assume, I don’t work for any of them.

Samsung never pulled out of oled, THEY DON'T OWN THE PATENT FOR TV PANELS LG DOES. Samsung isn't allowed to make oled TV, LG owns the patents to the technology for tv sets, even Sony buys the oled from LG.  Why you think Samsung  come up with QLED? And are currently working on micro led. Come on man do the research before you post.

Edited by JimmyiovinE

5 minutes ago, JimmyiovinE said:

Samsung never pulled out of oled, THEY DON'T OWN THE PATENT FOR TV PANELS LG DOES. Samsung isn't allowed to make oled TV, LG owns the patents to the technology for tv sets. Why you think they come up with QLED? And are currently working on micro led. Come on man do the research before you post.

So what has patent  got to do with I image retention?

and what has brands got to do with image retention?

Edited by Addicted to music

12 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

12 months!  It’s 2018 if you wanna be critical 12mths.  

As if the oled tech tech has developed that quickly to evolved around the issue.  As you can see that Sony OLED is under 12mths.  Regardless of what mode you have it just don’t have it static!  

not sure what banging on about. my point was its a sammy fluff piece...published by samsung...

6 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

So what has patent  got to do with I image retention?

and what has brands got to do with image retention?

You just posted before, again misinformation about how someone else posted “why samsung pulled out of oled” then it’s like you’re trying to point this out as a truth based fact “to give consumers choice” but samsung never had any skin in the game because they’re not allowed due to all the patents lg own on oled. 

Now you’re asking what does patent have to do with image retention, let me ask you, why dig you hole any deeper? 

It’s like you just love to throw up baseless information that isn’t even correct and expect people to belive it. 

You’ve been called out here, I’m happy to discuss but come prepared with facts if you’re going to make statements seem truth, because people in the know will call you out. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyiovinE said:

You just posted before, again misinformation about how someone else posted “why samsung pulled out of oled” then it’s like you’re trying to point this out as a truth based fact “to give consumers choice” but samsung never had any skin in the game because they’re not allowed due to all the patents lg own on oled. 

Now you’re asking what does patent have to do with image retention, let me ask you, why dig you hole any deeper? 

It’s like you just love to throw up baseless information that isn’t even correct and expect people to belive it. 

You’ve been called out here, I’m happy to discuss but come prepared with facts if you’re going to make statements seem truth, because people in the know will call you out. 

Becuase it’s not the brands....

its about the short  fall of the technology....get it.:)

Edited by Addicted to music

15 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Becuase it’s not the brands....

its about the short  fall of the technology....get it.:)

Ok, So this entire thread is meaningless now? Because I thought we were talking about image retention and burn in on oleds. We had a good thing going you and I, you would post incorrect information, I and others would correct it and now all our work here is over because it’s about the short fall of technology? Got it. ???‍♂️

Listen I’m not trying to be rude, I think you’re a great person and I love a good debate and other stuff you post on the forum is good and informative, but the reality is if you’re going to make a thread like this trying to call out what can appear to some as fact and even influance purchase decissions you have to do it right, bring facts to back it up otherwise it’s just noise.

i don’t doubt you for a second that burn in doesn’t exist because it does in extreemly rare and extreme test bed scenarios as we’ve covered here, but no one ever gonna do that (anyone reading can see my previous posts in this thread not gonna re hash it here) but the reality is you’re correct, no doubt. The problem is you making it out like it’s a major issue, like lets say the samsung note 7 battery I think it was? Anyway it’s not a major flaw or issue for 99.999% of consumers its the 1% the stress testers determined to break it, heck I break my tv right now I’ve had for 5 years and burn it in and totally destroy it, but I’m not stress tester so no worry for me or anyone else that purchases oled, lastly we’re not retail outlets we’re renters, home owners have full time jobs and pretty clued up we’re not gonna run the tv 24 hours a day in store display mode and then turn it off at the power at night, we’re gonna put it to sleep and let the screen wipe do its thing. 

So in summary you are right burn does exist, it’s not a thing, its not note 7 battery bad, chances of it happening to us consumers is so slim you would fall into a minority of the 1% bad luckers. And if it happens to me when I get it I’ll make sure I post it here for all to see, but I don’t think I’ll ever have to ?

• Like 2

Whatever the situation its not good publicity to be embarrassed at a major trade show :winky:

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/

I wonder if the LG's image retention algorithms were switched off - would not be the 1st time this sort of chicanery was done to deep six the competition ? Nanosys of course have nano dot tech to sell. Whatever the case Ime glad I saved $'s getting a lcd with good zone backlighting and good calibration ; peace of mind = priceless :frantics:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cwt said:

Whatever the situation its not good publicity to be embarrassed at a major trade show :winky:

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/

I wonder if the LG's image retention algorithms were switched off - would not be the 1st time this sort of chicanery was done to deep six the competition ? Nanosys of course have nano dot tech to sell. Whatever the case Ime glad I saved $'s getting a lcd with good zone backlighting and good calibration ; peace of mind = priceless :frantics:

Nothing wrong with led, watching a sony 55” right now, was gonna buy the smsung qled q9fn but after seeing the lg c8 in store side by side it was an easy win to lg for such gob smacking image quality like I personally had never seen before, so grabbed the ebay deal. I enjoy peace of mind as well that’s what home and content insurance is for ?

• Like 1