Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sime

Cables, Assorted or Uniform?

Guest Sime

Let’s assume in this thread that cables matter :thumb:

i recntly bought an AudioQuest cable from the classifieds, a Columbia to be exact, and the dilemma I had was where exactly to put it. On the new DAC, it’s XLR so that’ll be a good source cable BUT, is it worth the effort to put in a good source cable when that cable might be better than the cable being used between pre and power amp? Sure you might extract that pure signal from the DAC, but will you lose it in the chain later. Do you put your best cable in the last link in the chain so all can benefit, but you’ve lost the purity in the first place up the chain!

Theres the Colombian on the DAC  and the pre-power has a Van Den Hul “The integration Hybrid” and between those two, which ones better??

Two many ifs buts and maybe’s. 

So to the guys who love their cables, are you a mixer upper or do you go for symmetry all around?

I've got my best cables between pre and power; I figure most of the time it carries the smallest signal.

Interesting topic.  Uniformed cabling approach or best buys mix and match?  I practiced the latter and almost always ended up cable rolling tweaking endlessly for something to provide that magical end sound.

Now I have recabled with the same brand cables end to end and I couldn't be happier for the moment.  

Guest Sime

@katattack74 I’m thinking the same, Van Den Hul seems to work well on mine, I might do the same and brand up :)

I have some Van den Hul The Air 3T speaker cables for sale if your interested (shameless plug)?

I spent years trying different combinations of cables 

then I made my own, and have them matching throughout my system.  Never sounded better 

cheers