Sign in to follow this  
sir sanders zingmore

Best phone for audio

I'm going to be in the market for a new phone soonish and I'm wondering if there's a consensus as to what is a good "audio" phone. 

As an example, I see Oppo have a mobile now, do their hifi credentials carry over to their phones ?

I've assumed that this is the right forum. Apologies if it isn't

Oppo from the ads i have seen promote the phone as a camera first, so it might have very good audio recording and output, be interesting to see some user reviews at some point.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, I have an old Samsung S4 Mimi and it sux for audio, the larger and newer Samsungs are way better than mine, tis all I have experience with.

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 and the audio is pretty good via the 3.5mm socket, but is in a different class if connected to a DAC via the supplied USB cable.

LG V30 seems to be the phone to get for audiophiles. I'd like to buy one someday

13 minutes ago, dolphy said:

LG V30 seems to be the phone to get for audiophiles. I'd like to buy one someday

yes the reviews seem to agree on that. Looks like the"+" version is the only one available in Australia

My Moto Z Play has the new usb c. It works great with portable and home DACs with no driver issues etc.

V30+ vote from me, I have had one for a couple of months and when the quad dac and your headphones are going nothing better as an all in one solution.

Still find the Galaxy S6 into the Dragonfly Red hard to beat, especially if you run USB Audio Player pro to enable the DF volume control.

I've got a HTC10 which along with the more expensive LGV30 is considered top of the tree for audio.

My HTC10 is lying around doing nothing at the momemt. I"m debating wether to sell it for $300 or use it as a second phone due to the audio quality being as great as it is. 

Guest Sime
On 09/03/2018 at 10:21 PM, PicoWattson said:

Still find the Galaxy S6 into the Dragonfly Red hard to beat, especially if you run USB Audio Player pro to enable the DF volume control.

I’ve gotta get one of these Dragonfly’s. 

But you will need a third party app to access the internal volume control. Without that you are limited to it's default setting at 50% which may not be enough depending on phone attenuation output.

Really depends on what you're going to plug into the phone

If you're running normal headphones or dynamic driver IEM, V30+ is probably amongst the best. But, for BA IEMs, those iPhone audio dongle legit has a really low output impedance at 1ish ohm. Last thing you wanna do with BA IEM is having a high output impedance source making the IEM sounds weird