Hi guys, I'm newbie in this forum and pretty new to the headphones world. I just bought Audeze LCD2C couple days ago. I love it but my only complain is the weight, its damn too heavy. Is anyone have any idea modification to make it little bit comfortable? Otherwise I might to sell the Audeze and get H660s instead. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sime said:

The best modification apart from the carbon fiber headband is to simply get used to the weight, sad but true. 

Just checked the fiber headband and it cost $200 on Audeze website and maybe US dollars. Yeah probs gonna try to get used to it first. 

14 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

A padded headband might help

Will take your idea after trying get used to the weight for a week. 

Thanks guys

4 hours ago, Panimation said:

Out of curiosity what headphones were you using prior to this?

I own few gaming headset steelseries and sennheiser also few earphones. This is my first headphone.

1 hour ago, Sime said:

Count yourself lucky you didn’t buy the LCD-X’s, heavier than the LCD2’s. 

Wow, heavier than this? Don't want even think about it.

After I did some browsing I found Lohb suspension strap. Read some good reviews from other forums. Would this solve my problem? Please if anyone have experienced with this strap, I would like to know.

1 hour ago, GregWormald said:

My Meze 99 phones have a similar strap and it works very well.

Thanks. Might gonna order it in couple weeks

1 hour ago, Sime said:

@EdoSusanto im getting the carbon fiber head band for my lcd-x’s Tomorrow, I’ll let you know how they go with weight loss. 

Awesome, how much did you get it for? Hopefully work well for you

4 hours ago, EdoSusanto said:
5 hours ago, GregWormald said:

My Meze 99 phones have a similar strap and it works very well.

Thanks. Might gonna order it in couple weeks

A bit of wet suit neoprene and a pair of scissors would enable you to make a trial version for almost nothing.

18 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

A bit of wet suit neoprene and a pair of scissors would enable you to make a trial version for almost nothing.

Hmmm, don't have any wet suit lying around in the house. ^_^ 

6 minutes ago, Sime said:

Lol, carbon fibre ain’t cheap. 

Yeah, that's true. I guess I'm not ready to going deep into audiophile world, let me play on the shallow water first. LOL

But you want lighter headphones, the band has nothing to do with being an audiophile. 

Edited by Sime

On 04/03/2018 at 7:34 PM, EdoSusanto said:

After I did some browsing I found Lohb suspension strap. Read some good reviews from other forums. Would this solve my problem? Please if anyone have experienced with this strap, I would like to know.

I don't think it would... not for the LCD2C anyway... the LCD4 headband is similar in design to the headband on the LCD2C where it already has a suspension strap. The Lohb strap was made to basically do the same thing (before Audeze decided to do it). See pictures below to compare.

First is the LCD4 carbon fibre suspension headband.

Second is the LCD2C plastic/leather suspension headband.

Third is the stock suspension-less LCD2/LCD3/LCDX headband.

Fourth is the stock LCD2 headband with the Lohb Suspension Strap. 

-----------------------------------------------------

For reference, this is the carbon fibre LCD4 headband, with its suspension strap. 

hKCJt5W.png

.... which in design is quite similar to the LCD2C headband, with it's suspension strap from factory:

0Nec1KL.png

.... this is a normal LCD2 headband (notice it has no suspension strap) (note that the stock LCD2/LCD3/LCDX headband is different in design to the LCD2C/LCD4):

5jMWhQY.png

... and this is a normal LCD2 (not LCD2C) with the Lobh strap:

Z6F4i0K.png

On 3/14/2018 at 11:56 PM, Haulien said:

I don't think it would... not for the LCD2C anyway... the LCD4 headband is similar in design to the headband on the LCD2C where it already has a suspension strap. The Lohb strap was made to basically do the same thing (before Audeze decided to do it). See pictures below to compare.

First is the LCD4 carbon fibre suspension headband.

Second is the LCD2C plastic/leather suspension headband.

Third is the stock suspension-less LCD2/LCD3/LCDX headband.

Fourth is the stock LCD2 headband with the Lohb Suspension Strap. 

Hi, thanks for the info. After 2 weeks I realized that the problem was more to the clamping than the weight. Someone told me to wear it on loosest position that I'm comfortable with and feel much better since I did it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 7:43 AM, Sime said:

@EdoSusanto here ya go, and yes, WAY more comfortable than the stock headband, you don’t feel the band on top of your head at all. 

@Sir Sanders Zingmore

7E7AEE9A-F924-447B-B5A7-981E04A32C9E.jpeg

That looks amazing! If you don't mind me asking did you get this directly from audeze? and if so how long did it take to get to aus?