Annoying google ads pop up on ipad and iphone

Just wondering how you all feel about the ads that appear at the bottom of your phones when on SNA ?

I find them annoying to the point of avoiding using my phone for browsing SNA

I'd mind less if I felt that it was at least SNA sponsor ads I was seeing but as per my screenshot, most of the time the ads aren't even audio related 

IMG_1636.thumb.PNG.c8752f4bad68f34292e703383630e3bc.PNG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Follow this:   https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202074

Don't assume it doesn't matter to me. I've been using my phone for over a week trying to replicate what has been screenshotted above. I cannot. The simple matter is that I don't know where the ads are

For guests (those not logged into an account), there will still be ads that snap to the boundaries of the phone and are easily dismissed. I think it was the overlay ads that were causing the unin

@Sir Sanders Zingmore

Those ads aren't the responsibility of SNA, those ads which I notice have only just started appearing recently are the browser app ads ie.. firefox/chrome/safari etc...

You can't remove them or opt out of them, they appear on any page you're browsing not just SNA.

Yes, It's most annoying when you're scrolling the forums and those ads decide to pop-up full screen and you have to manually minimize them.

@Marc can attest to the fact that those ads are not under his control.

Edited by aasza

They appear on any site I use on the pc too even though I have two ad blockers.

Started a few months ago. Presumed it was Google doing. 

No opting out or blocking.  The day fun Internet died. 

• 2 weeks later...

ads/pop ups on phone and ipad are out of control, I can't even browse the web on my phone anymore, it makes me want to smash it to pieces

• Like 1

all websites - subscribe to newsletter and so on.

pop ups cover the whole page, I go to minimise it, hit something else, accidentally hit the ad, end up on another page. It's so annoying

Agree with all of the above. yesterday while browsing this forum on my phone I got a half page ad for a Telco:angry:

• Administrators

Agree with all of the above. yesterday while browsing this forum on my phone I got a half page ad for a Telco:angry:
Are you sure your browser hasn't been hijacked?
We don't have half page ads on the mobile version. All we have is a small banner on the bottom of the page that can be closed.

I'm pretty sure I've set it up too so that if you're logged in, you won't see them at all either.

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Are you sure your browser hasn't been hijacked?
We don't have half page ads on the mobile version. All we have is a small banner on the bottom of the page that can be closed.

I'm pretty sure I've set it up too so that if you're logged in, you won't see them at all either.

Have done a scan and no problems were evident and I should add that this was only on 2 occasions. Seems to be working fine now but I am getting at least 2 ( audio related ) banner ads at the  bottom of the page and one at the top

it isn't a huge problem though because I mainly use SNA at home anyway and only occasionally on my mobile:)

Check your settings especially for cookies and pop ups.

Apple, Google and the like etc are tracking your usage and history and pops up ads and statistics on your phone.   They then predict and give you info that may be helpful to your history, this also includes when location services is switched on, google maps will show up in banner mode the time it takes to get to a known destination you've commonly visit.

Pop ups are blocked.

Ad tracking is blocked. 

Cookies are allowed from current website

@Marc the "small" banner often takes a third of the screen and often requires multiple attempts to close. 

In addition, the banners are mostly not audio-related, so if SNA sponsors are paying for these ads, I'm not seeing them. 

• Like 1

They can also get in via apps you have loaded....

i dont believe the issues is SNA,  I don't have this issue and I don't see any large ads taking up the screen whether it's a iPhone or a iPad!   

Now I know why I don't get those ads.  

Both my iPad and iPhone are corporate issue with there security applications running in the background that also enables location services and activates corporate emails.  I suspect that these devices running there corporate image in the background has a ad blocker built in, or is it me that's already disabled that feature in Google account in my gmail settings!  

I checked with the BoSSes iPhone and yes when logged into SNA the ads come up like the initial OP.  

This may be the solution but it's worth a try as I've done this to the BOSS iPhone 7 and now the ads do not show up.

if you have a gmail account do this, if not create one because this is a Google driven ad!   In the settings you'll find an ad blocker click onto that and follow the prompts.  You may need to anable pop ups but this is so this can see what ads are coming up and block them,  worth a try!

IMG_1637.PNG

IMG_1638.PNG

IMG_1639.PNG

IMG_1640.PNG

IMG_1641.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
15 minutes ago, mtf said:

These ads are really annoying!!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

yep, same here

+1

I only bother looking here if there is a specific/important reason now. I figure it can wait until I get home

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the annoying google pop up ads that only happen on the iphone and ipad when I am on the SNA site. Is anybody else having this issue? and has anybody been able to turn it off?

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the annoying google pop up ads that only happen on the iphone and ipad when I am on the SNA site. Is anybody else having this issue? and has anybody been able to turn it off?

Thanks

They're getting worse. Often blocking the buttons at the top of the screen. 

And @Marc this should matter to you: they block the legitimate sponsor ads at the top of the screen. 

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore
Guest Muon N'

I don't get these issues on my PC, never use the phone for SNA so no idea on that front.

Edit: DOH! the thread title says 'phones' :blush:

Edited by Muon N'