Spendor SP2/3R2

Audiofix, can you give any comparison between 2/3R2,  and especillay the new Classic 2/3 and A2? Any big difference? I heard 2/3R2 and really liked them. I have Spendor A2 at home, I also home auditon the A4, which were to much for my 3,5 x 3,5 m room due to the rear bass port. I am thinking about classic 2/3 for the ulimate life time speakers upgrade and waiting for the home demo in the next month.

Regards,

Matjaž

Edited by Matjaž1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2019 at 2:32 AM, Matjaž1 said:

Audiofix, can you give any comparison between 2/3R2,  and especillay the new Classic 2/3 and A2? Any big difference? I heard 2/3R2 and really liked them. I have Spendor A2 at home, I also home auditon the A4, which were to much for my 3,5 x 3,5 m room due to the rear bass port. I am thinking about classic 2/3 for the ulimate life time speakers upgrade and waiting for the home demo in the next month.

Regards,

Matjaž

As Audiofix are no longer the rep in Australia I feel at liberty to suggest you have a listen to Graham LS 5/9. I had both the Spendor Classic 2/3 and the Grahams at home and ended up buying the Grahams.

https://www.grahamaudio.co.uk/products/ls59/

Edited by PKay

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting this thread because I have heard the Spendor SP2/3R2 last year and loved it. Right now I'm torn between the Spendor Classic 1/2, Proac D30RS and maybe the Harbeth SHL+.  Unfortunately, I've heard neither (will listen to the Harbeth and some similar Proacs and I've heard the Proac D48R, but no chance to listen to the Spendor Classic 1/2).

I would really appreciate more insight into the differences between the past (SP...R2) and the current Classic series Spendors and in particular between the SP2/3R2 and the Classic 1/2. Does still the 1/2 sound comparatively duller, drier or more restrained than the 2/3 after burn in? Maybe @Audiofix, if you are still around, if you please? Anyone else?

Thanks a lot!

On 04/02/2019 at 2:32 AM, Matjaž1 said:

I also home auditon the A4, which were to much for my 3,5 x 3,5 m room due to the rear bass port. I am thinking about classic 2/3 for the ulimate life time speakers upgrade and waiting for the home demo in the next month.

I find the front port on the SP2/3R2 much more small room and rear wall friendly than any rear port.