Price check on 65”plasma TV

Hi all

I’m thinking of selling my Panasonic P65VT30 to help fund a new 75” UHD tv but I’m not sure if my plasma is worth listing for sale

I’ve started noticing that after playing Xbox one then switching back to TV there is some burn in images left on the screen but they are not permanent it only takes a moment of tv viewing and then the shadows are no longer noticeable

So this is all the reason I need to buy a new TV

f50739b534fa60e0c2631759dca9050e.jpg

760d0953ff7822955992ebdba25d12a9.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sounds like some image retention and not permanent burn in . Does the plasma have a screen wipe or similar function to try in any case ? Your call on whether its worth selling as plasma pricing isn't in my wheelhouse :) Good luck ;   there are some bargains out there at the moment. 

Not sure you will get much, given how cheap TVs are. Will be difficult to find someone willing to pay a premium your VT model. Plus you will have to sell it as local pickup and someone will need a ute/van/truck because it cannot lie flat. 

However, no harm listing it in the SNA classifieds; you are more likely to find people here who can appreciate how good the Pana VT plasma is.

Thanks guys for ya input [emoji106]
I’m not expecting a high resale value on this tv I just struggle with coming up with a fair price to list mainly because of the image retention And how cheap a new tv is going for
I’ took a photo of the screen tonight just as I’ve turned it on the start up screen was my Xbox home screen then I selected the YouTube app and as the app starts up you can see in the back ground the Xbox start up screen (see pic)

4569cac4dcb5dd13962e18d84270228a.jpg

If you look closely you can make out the Netflix logo

JB HiFi had the Panasonic OLED 65" for $3600 (am guessing you paid a lot more for your VT???)  last weekend.  That may have tempted die hard  plasma fans and further depressed used plasma prices. 

Not sure whether you have seen this 3 year old Whirlpool thread, which discussed similar things.

@Snoopy8
I paid $4000 for the VT (bargain at the time) interesting read that whirlpool I didn’t know that the VT’s were/are so popular maybe there is a market out there for my plasma [emoji848]
I’m currently looking at a new Panasonic 75 inch EX780 Uhd for $3500 + another $800 for a Panasonic 4K player
I did look at the range of OLED’s and they are fantastic screens but I want bigger then 65””
And 75” OLED’s are way over my budget

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, Luvitloud said:

@Snoopy8
I paid $4000 for the VT (bargain at the time) interesting read that whirlpool I didn’t know that the VT’s were/are so popular maybe there is a market out there for my plasma emoji848.png
I’m currently looking at a new Panasonic 75 inch EX780 Uhd for $3500 + another $800 for a Panasonic 4K player
I did look at the range of OLED’s and they are fantastic screens but I want bigger then 65””
And 75” OLED’s are way over my budget

You can get the 75ex780 for $3200 at the moment from JB. 

Also have a look at the UB400 UBD player, half the price of the UB900 and does 95% of what the 900 does

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 12:13 AM, Luvitloud said:

I paid $4000 for the VT (bargain at the time) interesting read that whirlpool I didn’t know that the VT’s were/are so popular maybe there is a market out there for my plasma emoji848.png

That was indeed a bargain for a VT.  Unfortunately, the Whirlpool thread was written more than 3 years ago, when Oled was new and expensive.  Plus lots of plasma TV owners raving about their screens.  I suspect the market has somewhat diminished, even here...  GLWTS when you list it.

• Like 1

There is definitely a market for second-hand plasma TVs in good working order. Panasonic VT20 and VT30 still fetch around $600-$1200 depending model/size and Samsung D8000 and F8500 go around $500-$900 too.

I’ve had a look on eBay and found this add

Panasonic-TH-P55VT60-Flagship-Plasma-55-Best-of-best-excellent-condition

Is this guy dreaming or is it a fair price

Oops my link failed here’s a screenshot

120a619367e74862594a5f817ab3f590.jpg

16 minutes ago, Luvitloud said:

I’ve had a look on eBay and found this add

Panasonic-TH-P55VT60-Flagship-Plasma-55-Best-of-best-excellent-condition

Is this guy dreaming or is it a fair price

Oops my link failed here’s a screenshot

120a619367e74862594a5f817ab3f590.jpg

Do a watch on it and IF it sells, you have your benchmark! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a Panasonic VT65 that has been moved to the lounge room unfortunately (Recent pricing in LG 65 C7 was too good to not jump, and with the right material, it was a good jump).

My VT65 may be in classifieds shortly if I can convince myself to part with lol

Good luck with the sale.

Br

Damien

So how does your new C7 compare to the old plasma? Happy?

The new Panasonic is the ducks nuts [emoji16]
I’ve been enjoying the UHD content from Netflix and a couple of 4K movies and I’m also able to play my Xbox one again without worrying about image burn