Peter M's build

I had a build thread on DTV for a few years, but it got nuked somehow about 12 months ago.

Decided I may as well upload all the photos again, but I won't be adding any descriptions.

pic1.jpg.baf286f28ed1db04cdfdc3a8f97ba1d6.jpg

pic2.jpg.192b777b0fb28ccd07a1131d839f0083.jpg

pic3.jpg.6c99a66e9d05b9e91e2e7c4623d356f9.jpg

pic4.jpg.55319d1092c63cff297f5c02336ddc24.jpg

pic5.jpg.86e89af54f7dd0b4f0e3585fd1c9eca8.jpg

pic6.jpg.926ccd25e81f54245484d2c3fba22cb6.jpg

pic7.jpg.163346186daba01d623fa550719cc3e4.jpg

pic8.jpg.8d42497c513d253d10e5498c2f211a3f.jpg

pic9.jpg.a158141417a5a079d3cd0ed38f2ad512.jpg

pic10.jpg.04d4c8a7ddbcaa4bc3c2c95090439185.jpg

pic11.jpg.5f763d66ab94e82874d7dd59dfc46e83.jpg

Happy to answer any and all questions !

Cheers,

Peter M

Edited by Peter WM
  • Like 4

I remember the DTV build thread - it was very informative. The photos are great to have again - one of the very best HT builds I've seen.

Peter, any updates on your equipment, or have you avoided temptation so far?

Hi Quark,

Thanks.

Still all the same equipment - love the room so much that I haven't felt the need to upgrade - although I probably shouldn't admit that around here !!

Hoping to do a 4K and Atmos upgrade in the next 12 months.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter WM said:

Hi Quark,

Thanks.

Still all the same equipment - love the room so much that I haven't felt the need to upgrade - although I probably shouldn't admit that around here !!

Hoping to do a 4K and Atmos upgrade in the next 12 months.

Cheers,

Peter

4K and Atmos sounds good!

Amazing space peter, just wow!!

I had to laugh that you still installed windows in the room only to completely cover them up ? im guessing so the house didnt look silly for the outside right? 

Out of curiosity what are the dimensions of your room? 

Again just wow!!! Love it!!

solman,

The windows were required for code compliance as well as external appearance.  They'll also help with resale at some point, as some buyers would want to re-purpose the room. 

The acoustic shell dimensions are 9.6 x 6.4 x 3.6m and the finished room is 7.5 x 6.2 x 3.3m.

Cheers,

Peter

Thats an awesome size room. Are the panels on the walls BAD panels wrapped in a material? 

If so where did you get them from? That look amazing and i'm hoping to get the same finish for my room.... when i eventually start it ?

Thanks for sharing just a great space 

Solman,

There are three different types of wall panels which were placed by the acoustic designer.

I made all the panels using timber frames, fibreglass insulation, heavy plastic sheet and fabric wrap.

One of the panel types uses Quest AI Perfsorber which is a perforated high density fibreglass, manufactured in Dandenong under license by Acoustic Vision. 

Cheers,

Peter

AudioGeek,

It was part of a new house build and sits above a double garage.  The theatre / garage appears to be part of the same structure as the rest of the house, but is separated with a building joint and there is no connection between the two structures.  This has worked really well in isolating structure borne vibration / noise from the rest of the house.  Mrs M is convinced the whole house was designed around the theatre !

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter WM said:

AudioGeek,

It was part of a new house build and sits above a double garage.  The theatre / garage appears to be part of the same structure as the rest of the house, but is separated with a building joint and there is no connection between the two structures.  This has worked really well in isolating structure borne vibration / noise from the rest of the house.  Mrs M is convinced the whole house was designed around the theatre !

Cheers,

Peter

Thats a great way of doing it - a true dedicated separate space. Very envious!

So the entry is via the garage underneath - and there is no walkway/connection to the rest of the house? How does one get away with that?