Sign in to follow this  
kukynas

Black Panther

Guest Sime

@Monk and I agree, but unlike the newer ones, that was a proper movie, so to speak ;)

For those who are interested this is out today instore (well my local BigW anyway)....

Standard Blu for $24

Single disc,

DTS-HDMA 7.1,

16:9 Aspect ratio

Guest Sime

I actually had high hopes for this one, but alas………………

59 minutes ago, Sime said:

I actually had high hopes for this one, but alas………………

But if you want to watch Avengers Infinity Wars, you have to see it!  (have not watched both).

Guest Sime

@Snoopy8 there’s one guarantee in life, is that Sime will never watch another Avengers film. 

Saw it on the plane 

load of p/c carp 

even allowing for the p/c nonsense, the movie seemed all over the place superior technology, yet still running around loin clothes, the bad guy came across as bratty rather than menacing and how did he fly that little plan all that way and get past the shield. 

The main guy (the BP) does well with the tripe he has serve. 

Andy serkis best best fake sarf afreekin accent ever 

Edited by cafe67

I thought it was a load of ****.

The missus young bloke thought it was one of the best movies he’s seen. He’s in his 20’s.

Maybe I’m just getting old?

1 hour ago, Pops110 said:

I thought it was a load of ****.

The missus young bloke thought it was one of the best movies he’s seen. He’s in his 20’s.

Maybe I’m just getting old?

Yeah, remember when you thought pink floyd was the amazing and your parents couldn't relate?

Well I saw it First show at Chaddy on the day it was released and wanted my money back.....What a load of Bull..........It was.....Bloody how many times they have to say Wakanda.....? Did anyone notice....I was sick of hearing wakanda by the halfway....

I have watched the movie 3x now. First time was in an Atmos cinema, second on iTunes and again last night on the UHD disc.

The Atmos soundtrack on the UHD seems a little more muted (basswise) than it was in the cinema - which I was able to offset by cranking up the Crowson Tactile Transducers. 

In terms of picture quality - man, not to sound racist but the black levels are terrible. Everything in the opening scenes (in Oakland and in Nigeria) looked crushed/dark . I did think it was an issue with the Dolby Vision transfer. I watch primarily on the Sony 760ES with an Oppo 203 so no Dolby Vision enabled. I also did some test scenes on the Sony ZD9 with the DV firmware update and a Sony 205 (with DV firmware update) and a Panasonic 900. The Panasonic had the same washed out look on the Sony ZD9 (no DV) but on the Oppo, the blacks and shadow detail looked much better. 

As the movie goes - I did like that it followed a less traditional superhero arc than others that came before, and Michael B Jordan even in the third showing was still a compelling fleshed out villain. 

agree with the above.

another marvel home release with very average picture and disappointing sound.

Finally got around to watching this the other night. Not impressed at all, no idea why the rave reviews, perhaps it is politically correct to review it favourably?I thought it was crud and couldn't wait for the end. Best laugh was seeing Forest Whitaker with the face paint trying to be a holy man, hilarious!

This is not a reality show guys  - it’s a Marvel fantasy.   In that context it makes as much sense  as the rest. And, dare I say, it introduces  new concepts that are sorely missed from the  constant churn of Avengers / Justice League movies.  It was overly PC though , but that is Hollywood at the moment.  

Edited by Tasso

On 29/06/2018 at 11:57 PM, gillmaverick said:

Well I saw it First show at Chaddy on the day it was released and wanted my money back.....What a load of Bull..........It was.....Bloody how many times they have to say Wakanda.....? Did anyone notice....I was sick of hearing wakanda by the halfway....

Totally. I mean.. what are we? Savages?

how long does it have to go on for? :D