Sign in to follow this  
kukynas

Black Panther

so, should we start sharing our impressions or is there certain embargo period :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Sime said:

The hypocrisy in this movie.…………………

Isn’t it a marvel movie about a fictional super hero ? Bit of a serious response.

I’m looking forward to it for what it is - leave your criticality at the door. Looking forward to impressions from anybody that has seen it !

@Sime

No I confess to not knowing what you aretalking about TBH. 

Your outrage about Star Wars was also somewhat of a lead in...

Do enlighten me on your humour or cryptic comment if that was the point.

im just a little bitter I am at the local watching Ferdinand with my two year old and not Black Panther...

Guest Sime

@Ray H that comment has zero to do with the actual “movie” itself, from reports, it’s probably one of the better super hero movies going, and I’m looking forward to the 4k release. 

To to simplify my comment, it’s all to do with the constant harping of “diversity” the African American population of Hollywood go on about. Remember the drama at a recent Oscar event?

Now they have practically made a movie that is the complete opposite of what their diversity wish is all about, and this film is been getting so much hype because of this. 

2 minutes ago, Sime said:

a movie that is the complete opposite of what their diversity wish is all about

Whilst I know what you mean... it's just a movie, appropriate for Black Panther and something I'm also looking forward to seeing. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Yeah, I think you may be overthinking this movie and it’s releas point v some other Hollywood events. It’s just a marvel action movie. And how anybody could get that from your five word post.... I certainly don’t want to have to get on your wavelength and analyse your intent..

Guest Sime

@Ray H mate, it’s not just me, it’s all over the place. There are many reports in the US that white people wont see this movie early because it’s been considered a black persons movie and people think they have to be polite about it. 

‘I don’t feel this way at all, but’s it’s one of the many dramas that’s going on with this film. 

My five word post is pretty obvious to anyone whose aware of what’s going on, as the op clearly is. 

Not my fault you are not, that’s why you aske first before shooting. 

Edited by Sime

Relax, it just smacks of your usual drama about movies to me.

its just a super hero movie, why do you have to make it more than that. Neither of us has even seen it as far as I know, it would be nice if this thread was about howthe movie is, as you know, a movie.

Guest Sime
3 hours ago, kukynas said:

so, should we start sharing our impressions or is there certain embargo period :laugh: 

@Ray H first post, it’s me who’s on topic, not you. 

Image result for black panther meme

Related image

America is particularly weird when it comes to these political twitter issues... :D

JSmith :ninja:

@Sime I apologize if I confused you with my first sentence but it has nothing to do with content of the movie, just my (not so funny it seems) expression of restriction for sharing info till it's released everywhere and more users can report their impressions