Panasonic UB9000 Flag ship uhd player with XLR output

• 11 months later...
27 minutes ago, wavemechanic said:

Love my UB9000, any way to make it multi-region for BluRay? I'm in Australia and all the movies I want to watch seem to be Criterion releases from the US.

https://www.gattiweb.com/product/panasonic-dp-ub9000-multi-region-upgrade-service/27?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Excellent, thanks.
$300 though?? I've seen Aus retailers offer the mod as an option on purchase for under $100. $300 seems a tad expensive.

35 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

not entirely sure why you asked if you already knew what was available.

I can no longer find the retailer offering this, plus I already own my unit.
The offer was upon purchase only, so it's not 'available' as such.

Just now, wavemechanic said:

I can no longer find the retailer offering this, plus I already own my unit.
The offer was upon purchase only, so it's not 'available' as such.

Besides, there may well be other options I'm unaware of. If I'm unable to find any others I'll probably have mine done at the place you suggested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wavemechanic said:

$300 though?? I've seen Aus retailers offer the mod as an option on purchase for under $100. $300 seems a tad expensive.

Hmm ; are you sure that $100 wasnt just for a standard region free dvd jailbreak? those used to be free..  $300 is pretty reasonable for the SOC chipset needed + transport of same + manual labour to install .

And its for sd and hd discs .

And its not just a cheapo software solution that may disappear if a new firmware is ever released 🤔

Actually a bit surprised David has held the price so long ; bit of a bargain compared to some oppo conversions over the years 💰

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cwt said:

Hmm ; are you sure that $100 wasnt just for a standard region free dvd jailbreak? those used to be free..  $300 is pretty reasonable for the SOC chipset needed + transport of same + manual labour to install .

And its for sd and hd discs .

And its not just a cheapo software solution that may disappear if a new firmware is ever released 🤔

Actually a bit surprised David has held the price so long ; bit of a bargain compared to some oppo conversions over the years 💰

That's a good perspective, thanks. I thought it was for both DVD and Blu Ray but i might be mistaken.