SOLD: FS: Spendor BC1 Speaker Pair

SOLD

Item: Spendor BC1 Speaker Pair
Price: $480 
Item Condition: Good except for a bass driver issue
Reason for selling: need money
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: Bass driver in one speaker is sounding slightly distorted.

Could be an easy fix or the driver may need a rebuild (or replace both drivers with something new).

Selling as is. PICK UP ONLY.

Pictures:

20180211_135007.jpg

20180211_135016.jpg

20180211_135021.jpg

20180211_135229.jpg

20180211_135306.jpg

Edited by craig10
  • Like 1

Probably has a sagging spider causing the voice coil to rub, and the driver needs to be rotated 180 degrees (actually can't do a full half turn with 5 mounting screws...) to get some more life out of it, ie so it sags back the other way, freeing up the voice coil. Its a common problem with BC1 drivers.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Any chance of some pics of the drivers - particularly in light of your comment about the bass driver issue?

15 minutes ago, Miguel said:

Probably has a sagging spider causing the voice coil to rub, and the driver needs to be rotated 180 degrees (actually can't do a full half turn with 5 mounting screws...) to get some more life out of it, ie so it sags back the other way, freeing up the voice coil. Its a common problem with BC1 drivers.

20180214_070638.jpg

20180214_070715.jpg

Great buy for a classic British speaker.

It does look like your cone is not sitting straight. As the previous post has stated is to rotate them but it will not be an overnight fix. Let gravity do it's business.

Try using 3 fingers on the cone spreed evenly near the dust cap, pushing lightly inwards, does it feel like it's rubbing?

Also to check is the braided wire that attaches to the terminal post. Overtime they start to wear and it will make the mid driver sound distorted or blown. I had this issue with one of the mid driver on my BC1's. Grab a multimeter, connect to the terminal post and set to measure ohms. Do you get a constant reading around 8 - 10ohms when pushing the cone inwards or does it jump all over the place?

I was lucky that the braided wire on my driver was the culprit, geez it took a while to figure it out though. 

ZOE_0045_1.thumb.jpg.34b58990c30cc52fbde0b1de2a4fd383.jpg

Edited by Sansui77