ufo

Oppo 203 and 205

6 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

You’re a funny guy. ?  

Note that he already has a 103.   I won’t be touching 4K, too many 1080 panels in the house already.  Waiting for any number of those kimchi panels to fail!  ?

That’s right. I’ve got a 103 JLTI model. I love it, but not currently using the improved DAC features so was going to sell it on soon.

But I do like SACD ripping too. So it was either do a swap and keep a better picture 103 (if Darbee is better) or go 203 and get a cheaper Sony etc from a few years ago to do ripping.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Raffinator said:

That’s right. I’ve got a 103 JLTI model. I love it, but not currently using the improved DAC features so was going to sell it on soon.

But I do like SACD ripping too. So it was either do a swap and keep a better picture 103 (if Darbee is better) or go 203 and get a cheaper Sony etc from a few years ago to do ripping.

Similar situation to me Raffinator in that I still have a JLTI level3 OPPO 83 spare , I just got a pana 900 that was FS here ;with the new models very close you may get a bargain ?️ .

That way you can  keep your 103 for sacd rips and similarly since your in no hurry pick and choose the best 4k player for your 4k tv when ready , the new panas will cover all the hdr formats not just some as at present ; its a bit of a lottery..

Edited by cwt

Oppo is definitely going to be delivering the Sony TV-friendly Dolby Vision update to its 4K Blu-ray players.

...a link to the page on Oppo Digital’s website where the update details and file will appear: https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/UDP203-firmware-60-0601B.aspx. Please note, though, that at the time of writing this link currently returns an error message, and will continue to do so until the update has been published. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/06/04/oppo-4k-blu-ray-players-to-get-sony-tv-dolby-vision-update-this-week/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

JSmith :ninja:

JSmith :ninja: