dastrix

Looking for an Audio only Receiver

I have no need for video switching, only audio switching and amplification with the latest formats, WIFI, Ethernet, BlueTooth, AirPlay/Android music but with multiple zones....

Any thoughts?

Thanks, ill have a look at this unit.

Doesnt really have many channels, ill need to power at least 7 speakers

Everything these days is hdmi centric dastrix and that means video/audio combined  unfortunately. The only component that comes close to what you want that comes to mind [without proprietary protocols like Meridian say] would be the parasound p7 but its completely analog and decoding is by the source .. so no emi/rf from digital signals to corrupt the analog if that's what your looking for ? Very popular with oppo owners.. there is a separate hdmi switcher if needed .

http://www.parasound.com/p7.php 

https://hometheaterreview.com/parasound-p7-71-channel-analog-preamplifier-reviewed/

Edited by cwt

thanks for the reply cwt. Seems ill just bite the bullet and get HDMI - never used any video switching in the past as the TV has always had plenty and I stream everything. All good!

11 hours ago, dastrix said:

I have no need for video switching, only audio switching and amplification with the latest formats, WIFI, Ethernet, BlueTooth, AirPlay/Android music but with multiple zones....

Any thoughts?

Budget? And how important is sound quality ?   I would have suggested Anthem MRX 720, but it does not have all the bells & whistles of other brands. Also, it has 5 Class A/B amps and 2 Class D amps which may be an issue.

$1500 . Important. It will only be driving Krix Helix or Atmosphere speakers

@dastrix  if you have not got your unit and can increase your budget (a lot!), the Anthem MRX-720 is very good for audio. I tested the 1120 and the 720 will likely perform well.

Denon AVP-A1HD 3d interest you? Like new minimal hours.....balanced tip to tail in silver which is unheard of for AV procesor ..for Audio it is outstanding.

Think im going with a Yamaha A3070... Home Automation control and 4 zones