SOLD: FS: Krell KSA 80B

SOLD

Item: Krell KSA 80B
Price: $3,000
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Have upgraded.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Great little amp which can be lifted and moved without the use of a crane. A classic Amp from Krell that doesn't get hot, doesn't have fans, has ample power /current for Duntechs,  doesn't sound as electronic as the previous model, and really does an all round excellent job. I think i purchased this from the original owner being a 240v Sydney delivery about 5 years ago.

Unusually this amp runs very cool (my dac is much hotter) The amp works superbly never had an issue. the amp is in excellent physical condition with a slight purplish coloring on the fins but no scratches or marks.

Prefer pickup as don't have the original box. Happy to demonstrate on the sunshine Coast QLD

Pictures:

k1.JPG

k2.JPG

k3.JPG

k4.JPG

k5.JPG

Edited by gutter
had too many watts
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, gutter said:

A classic Class A 80 watt Amp from Krell that doesn't get hot,

Krells proper-gander of the era. Correction needs to be made. Or a buyer could get burnt :sarc: thinking they'er getting a 80w class-a. 

That's because it's really only fixed biased to 10-15w Class-A the rest being B. Still a very nice sounding amp worthy of a good system.

They did this a lot back then, the bigger bother the KSA250 was only 28w of fixed bias class-a the rest being B.

BTW: Black anodising on heatsinks tends to go purple with age after a while. 

GLWTS 

Cheers George 

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1