iceblinkfroufrou

My new speakers are sometimes too bassy.

I highly doubt brand new bi-wireable speakers would not have come with speaker jumper plates... the OP would have no reason to remove these.

747192123819_studio_back.jpg

JSmith :ninja:

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, iceblinkfroufrou said:

HK4770

Did you mean the HK-3770?

Any improvement in this bass issue with advice given so far?

JSmith :ninja:

Edited by JSmith

Yeah you are correct, definitely HK-3770, sorry about that.

A little story about the receiver. I originally bought the HK-3700, however when it was delivered it didn't work.

So i sent it back and about 3 weeks later i got it back, or so i thought. Connected it all up and it sounded good, then a couple of days later i noticed it said HK-3770. They obviously got the dud one and thought they'd send me the next model up as an apology, which was really nice.

Or they didn't have anymore HK-3700s in stock and sent me the update. Either way i was glad they did it.

No nothing has worked i'm afraid. Later on i'm going to connect my Jamo Cornet 60 IV speakers as a comparison. I've never connected them to my ''stereo' before, they are in the lounge as part of my HT set up. Never thought about doing it before, i suppose i may of thought because they're so little they'd not be suited to playing Motorhead thru' them!

Are Jamo a good brand, i think they've Danish or Swedish, aren't they?

Bi Wiring won't fix your problem -  your room is the problem.

For demonstration purposes, when you have a bassy track playing, move around the room and see how the bass changes.

"Here it's loud, and here it's not". Corners are loud.

Try your head in the middle of the room, including ceiling to floor, big reduction in bass.

11 hours ago, iceblinkfroufrou said:

Jamo

They have differing levels of performance across their range as most brands do, but generally yes for their top tier models.... however some say they aren't the same since being purchased by Klipsch and changing country of production.

http://www.klipsch.com.au/news/klipsch-acquires-brand-name-and-key-assets-of-danish-speaker-company-jamo-a-s

JSmith :ninja: