Opinions on Osborn Interludes sought

29 minutes ago, roh008 said:

~

I'd be interested given your taste in music if you listened to the ProAc line up at all?

I have an itch that I need to scratch, but just struggle to let go of my current speakers

proac will find ver dry sounding roh vs osborn

16 minutes ago, :) al said:

I think you can be a bit more precise than that Al.

Size for size, Osborns tend to fill a room a bit better, and have more bass. Proac's IMO, are a bit more balanced, with better top end.

Value for money, Osborn leads the way. Proac cannot produce what Greg does with the Eclipse/Epitome range for those prices.

Also depends on your musical preferences, of course. Vocals tend to be a bit better with the Proacs - at the high $ end. In the mid price range, say $5-10k, the Osborn Reference range is very hard to beat for a good all round sound, especially for HT.

3 hours ago, roh008 said:

Which amp did he hook them up to?

I am not sure, didn't ask,  suspect valve Consonance he had sitting at the top right.

Also heard them in the 5.1 setting using his AVR. 

I have not listened to ProAc, floorstanders would have been out of my budget, and just looking, book shelf too ehe.

Waiting on a couple of granite slabs and then will spike em, and sit them on there and see what effect that has. Am still bass shy, but that is totally the room, but running 2.1 sounds great, well 2.2 really, but subs are driven by same amp, master/slave setup and just augmenting the bass a little, set fairly subtle volume, just a little reinforcement.

Noticing a vast improvement in the HT setting over the old Aarons, still have the Aaron CC-240 in the middle, but have purchased the Osborn C1 Special from Gemini07 which should be here Tuesday or Wednesday I guess. So that should improve even more I guess ehe

He usually demos with the bigger cosonance amp in the smaller room. I tried bought the 15th anniversary version which didn’t sound different to me. Perfect match for his speakers. I have for sale at $1k off too because I didn’t end up getting his speakers.

3 hours ago, :) al said:

I've heard them on rock and pop and found them engaging (ie fun to listen too). Haven't had a recent listen listen, last one was some years back now.

For complex pieces or acoustic/jazz/vocal then Osborn's wipe the floor with them

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

He usually demos with the bigger cosonance amp in the smaller room. I tried bought the 15th anniversary version which didn’t sound different to me. Perfect match for his speakers. I have for sale at $1k off too because I didn’t end up getting his speakers.

yes.. the number of times i've nearly hit 'reply' to that FS thread..:fear: