SOLD: FS: McChanson MarzE KT88 Tube Amp + EL34 Tubes

SOLD

Item: McChanson MarzE KT88 Tube Amp + a pair of EL34 Tubes + a pair of 6550 Tubes
Price: $700
Item Condition: Excellent. As New
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

This is the last McChanson MarzE amp has MarzE output transformers which costs many times more than timE transformer based amp.

This is one of the top of the range model Eric produced and Eric (producer of McChanson Tube Amps) cannot produce this specific model because he cannot source this beautiful transformers any longer.

The chassis has been upgraded to all silver. They are rock solid and heavy. The coupling capacitors are Russian PIO (Paper In Oil) , the attenuator is  an ALPS stepped unit, the rectifier is a Mullard 5AR4, plus other upgraded parts inside.

It originally cost $1700 + extra cost for Svetlana NOS EL34 tubes and new owner can have it at $700 which is actually cheaper than cheap Chinese tube amps and it comes with extra tubes for tube rolling.

The amp is compatible in using all other 6L6 family tubes : 6L6 (metal), 6L6G, GA, GB and 5881, KT66, KT77, KT88, also EL34. The amp enables you to have tubes rolling fun. 

It came with KT88 tubes but I recently installed true NOS Russian Svetlana EL34 which is better matching with my existing speaker and produce very sweet sound.

I was told that the Svetlana Winged  EL34 is one of the best EL34 tubes ever produced...

In terms of power output, please refer below information from Producer (Eric);

It is Single Ended amp, so the power around 8W to 10W for 6L6GC / 300B amps. For KT88 it is around 16 W and a bit less for EL34. 

But valve amp power "are"  louder than SS amp power, it is about 4 to 5 time higher, that means a 10W valve amp is equivalently as loud as a 40 to 50W SS amp. 

What's Included:

+ McChanson MarzE Amp with all of upgrades.

+ a pair of Svetlana Winged  EL34 (Less than 50 hours used)

+ a pair of Genalex Gold Lion Russian KT 88 Tubes originally came with the amp (few hours used and still great condition).

+ a pair of 6550 tubes (good condition)

Hope this beautiful amp goes to a good SNAer to enjoy....

Pictures:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

KT88.JPG

RCATube.JPG

EL34-1.JPG

Edited by Spider27

1 minute ago, dimo said:

I have a very similar McChanson EL34 amp powering some rear horned speakers, gorgeous combo!

Thank you very much for sharing. :)  I fully agree. I was pairing with ProAc Tablette Reference Eight Signature speakers and it was gorgeous pairing and surprisingly powerful. I never go beyond 12 o'clock on volume knob..

2 minutes ago, Victor Chan said:

Hi what is the power output from this amp?  Can it fit 6550 tubes or the KT120?

I am a novice with tubes and will do my best to answer the question. If anyone else knows better, please chime in. 

It is pure class A and output is around 20wpc at 8ohm if I remember correctly. I found that tube output is different to solid state. It sounds more powerful than my 50wpc solid state amp.

Yes, 6550 is fine since it comes with the tubes as a bonus from Eric Chan. KT120? not sure. I have not personally tried. If it is 6L6 family tubes, then it should.

Hope that I answer your question. :) 

• 8 months later...