New Member from Sydney

stuj

Hi all, I’ve been an avid music and movie fan for many years, not sure I would call myself an audiophile but do like things to sound good and appreciate good equipment to make things enjoyable.

Ive been a lurker for a while but wanted to take the time to say hi to all you good folk.

Im here to hopefully learn a little and get some tips to help me on my budget restrained audio nirvana journey.

Im currently in the process of setting up an atmos system and have also just acquired some kef ls50s for the fronts but am now coming to terms with the fact of now buying a two channel power amp to run them off as my yamaha 3070 didn’t have a chance to make them sing along with the other 7 channels :) oh well...

Any opinions warmly welcomed within budget (2k)....

Welcome Stuj.

@Cafad , our resident integrated amplifier reviewer, raised a thread some time back testing out what amplifiers worked best with the Kef ls50s. Try searching for the thread. Otherwise I’m sure others will offer their opinions.

Good luck and and enjoy your time in SNA

Thanks for the welcome all. In response to the bi amp, i haven’t tried that yet, but I am running a 5.1.4 setup so cant say I have spare channels. After reading a bit I’ve come to the conclusion that finding a 2 (or 3 )channel power amp in ht bypass mode might give the kefs the kind of amplification it needs. The only problem I have is finding the amp to do it. I have been reading the forums a bit and I don’t mind admitting to being even more confused with everyone’s differing recommendations coming from everyones ears being very subjective [emoji3]