SOLD: FS: Kuzma Stabi S (with upgrades), Stogi Reference arms

SOLD

Item: Kuzma Stabi S in black with electronic PSU upgrade, SD (two arm) upgrade kit and 12 inch arm kit, Stogi Reference arm (9 inch) and Stogi Reference 313 arm (12 inch)
Price: $2900 (turntable and upgrades), $1900 for 9" Stogi Ref and $2500 for 12" Stogi Ref
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded to Stabi Ref
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: See below

Pictures: See below

For sale is my Kuzma Stabi S turntable, purchased from Sonic Purity in 2016. Last year I upgraded to the Stabi Reference turntable, but I liked the Stabi S so much that I decided to keep it as well. But I have come to realise that having two turntables is a luxury I cannot afford either financially or in terms of rack space. So my Stabi S is up for sale.

This is not the standard Stabi S, however. It has the electronic PSU upgrade, which is a major improvement. It also has the kit which allows it to use two arms, and the separate kit to allow the use of a 12 inch arm instead of - or as well as - a 9 inch arm. So the turntable can be configured with either a single 9 inch arm, two 9 inch arms, or a 9 and 12 inch arm. I also will include armboards for a Linn/Jelco mount, and for a Rega 3 point mount, and can also supply a Rega arm for $200.

Because there a number of possible configurations, I can offer the following options:

• Turntable only with electronic PSU and the two arm and 12 inch arm kits, but no arm
  • As above but with one arm - either 9 inch or 12 inch
  • As above with both arms.
  • As above with a Rega arm for an additional $200.

I can also sell the arms separately, if anyone is interested in these, as well as the SD (two arm) and 12 inch kits.

If you are not located too far away, I am also happy to help set up the turntable and install a cartridge.

This turntable followed some much more expensive turntables which I had owned and the Stabi S was to my ears better than all of them. While the Stabi Reference which replaced it is better than the Stabi S, with a Stogi Ref arm, the difference is surprisingly small. If I hadn't bought the Stabi Ref, I could easily live with this turntable.

I have original boxes for the turntable, arms and attachments, but because it is big and bulky my strong preference is for local pick up. Please note also that everything is boxed up so I am unable to demonstrate the turntable.

P2060397.JPG

P2060405.JPG

P2060407.JPG

• Like 3

That's pretty good pricing.

I love my Stabi S.

GLWTS.

For what it's worth, Kuzma arms use Linn geometry, so will fit on a LP12.

I just fitted a Stogi arm to my LP12 (yes I too have the luxury of multiple TTs, but will be selling my Pink triangle P Too soon).

• Like 1

I have a similar setup with a different arm and would be willing to demo for serious interested parties. I’m in Artarmon and close to Ross. In my opinion this is the best value going around. You need to spend substantially more for very little (if any) improvement. This is one of the most musical turntables at any price. 

I was originally buying mine for a short time planning on upgrading to the Ref but I have now changed my mind. 

• Like 2

Hi Ross,

A few questions.

1. How  old is the 313 arm?

2. Terminated in RCAs?

3. It looks like the large circular base place is not used with the kit. Is this included, or even needed for other turntables?

4. How is VTA adjusted?

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

1. The arm was bought in around September/October last year, so only a few months old.

2. Yes, terminated in RCAs.

3. The 313 arm does have a mounting collar for other turntables.

4. VTA is adjusted by the old fashioned grub screw method - ie loosen the grub screw, lift or lower arm in the collar, and then re-tighten grub screw.

Ross

While new to hifi still I have learnt quickly to dread seeing any advert that Ross puts up with a FS in it.

Why? because without looking I know it will most certainly be something that I would really like to buy if I had the spare readies, which to date I never have.

GLWTS Ross, not that you will need it.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TerryO said:

While new to hifi still I have learnt quickly to dread seeing any advert that Ross puts up with a FS in it.

Why? because without looking I know it will most certainly be something that I would really like to buy if I had the spare readies, which to date I never have.

GLWTS Ross, not that you will need it.

cheers Terry

Having heard the Kuzma Stabi S I went out and bought one. There is nothing entry level about this turntable - appearances are definitely deceptive in this case. 

• Like 1