DAC needed.(borrow Melb)

Guest yamaha_man

Guest yamaha_man

Would any of my Melbourne friends (assuming I have any) have a spare DAC with volume control and toslink cable I could borrow for a week or so please? Or even just a few days.

Not fussed about pedigree..

TIA

Edited by yamaha_man

Guest yamaha_man

I've had one generous offer of a DAC I could borrow but unfortunately it didn't have volume control which is what is needed for the application.

The DAC is needed to test a system before committing to purchasing one, sound quality is of no importance.

If anyone has a second DAC they are not using and could spare it for a few days I would be very appreciative.

Cheers.

Guest yamaha_man

All my audio gear is in Warrnambool and I don't have access to that property ATM.. I'm currently living in Melb thus wanting to borrow one for a few days.

13 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Why dont you just use one of your Squeezeboxes if its only for non critical testing purposes?

Instructions at start of link. You need to email Clay with your details. 

It has 3 inputs and XLR, RCA & digital volume control. And one of the better sounding DACs around. Yes, you mentioned audio quality wasn't important but how do you know that the system you are testing is good if your source is poor?

Guest yamaha_man
5 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Instructions at start of link. You need to email Clay with your details. 

It has 3 inputs and XLR, RCA & digital volume control. And one of the better sounding DACs around. Yes, you mentioned audio quality wasn't important but how do you know that the system you are testing is good if your source is poor?

Ok thanks, it's more the case to see if the system will work. Trust me, it's a long story but a dac with volume control is needed.

cheers.

• 7 months later...