Sign in to follow this  
Rock Robster

FS: Relist: Price drop: Airmotiv 6 Powered Studio Monitor (pair)

Item: Airmotiv 6 Powered Studio Monitor (pair) sold

Price: $550

Item Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: downsizing 

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

Bi-amplified, full-featured powerhouse 200 Watts per channel.

Can use either balanced or unbalanced inputs. 

Each monitor is Bi-amplified with 100w for the 6" woofers and 100w for the high frequency Ribbon Transducers.

I personally think they provide great bang for buck when compared to similar models from other brands. Compares to brands such as Adam Audio and KRK.

I purchased these directly from Emotiva, They have had very little use,

The airmotiv 6 is great for use as powered studio monitors but can also be used directly with a DAC, preamp, or surround processor to create a small audiophile system or a great home-theater setup.

I also have some stands that I can provide at no cost.

Pictures:

front.jpg.385bdf3616e56b8f59eda9b461db1fb8.jpg

back.jpg.403ee9764c731b4cc098b0aa78b9ad04.jpg

IMG_1028.thumb.JPG.cc929eaba43b95b4be65d3b76d47cbc2.JPG

IMG_1029.thumb.JPG.20f427b49de7e16f8b24d0b1112e37bf.JPG

Edited by Rock Robster
further price drop and more pictures added

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The Fez
      Item: Technics SE-A100 -- 2 Channel Power Amplifier
      Price: $1700.00
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling: Thinning the herd
      Extra Info:
      The SE-A100 is generally regarded as a superb amplifier and it introduced the VC-4 Class AA configuration amplifier design. The amplifier was released in 1985, (yen300,000) and was in production to 1989. This example is a 1987 build. The amplifier that followed, the SE-A5000 is simply a facelifted SE-A100. 

Class AA is a simple yet brilliant idea. Four amplifiers, two per channel. A voltage control amplifier and a current drive amplifier. The voltage control amplifier is isolated from the load by a "Class AA" bridge. The bridge is a series of resistors in circuit between the Class A voltage amp and the Class B current drive amp. 

I sourced this amplifier from Japan. These are very rare amplifiers in any country out of Japan. Technics did export these amplifiers, in numbers I'm not sure of, however over the years I have been researching and looking at this range of Technics power amps, they are rarely for sale in Europe, the United States or any other country. And if you see a nice example be prepared to pay very big $$ for one. Note the "timber" side panels, these were only offered on the Japanese models, all export models are sans timber sides. 

Build quality is very good, nice weight at 34kg. Cosmetically, not mint but very nice, straight nothing major, presents very well. The design and presentation of the amplifier is first class. The dark overtones, with the black, with silver highlites, the slightly smoky beveled full glass front panel and the subtle incandescent lights (there are four lights per meter) make for a very attractive and classy piece of audio. 

Power ratings 170w @ 8 ohms - 200w @ 6 ohms. 

Sound can only be described as amazing. I have a few nice amps and this one is right up there.  It has good authority yet the detail and finesse are there also, really nice. 

Please note this is a 100VAC Japanese model. 
      Please note this amplifier is pick up only 

Pictures:

• By thimmy118
      Item: Padis Audiophile 5 x 20mm 5A and 250v Slow Blow fuse
      Price: $20 plus $10 postage (firm) 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Wrong Amperage. I needed a 4A rated fuse
      Extra Info:

I bought this for my Int Amp but found out that I should use a 4A and not a 5A rated fuse. In excellent condition and tested to be working in my amp although for a short period as I did not want to take the risk of blowing my amp from any electricity spike should the fuse not work due to its higher amperage rating. Rhodium plated and very similar and some would say identical in design to a known Japanese brand of fuse that is currently selling for around AUD$70.

Pictures:

• By Max Headroom
      Item: Pair of Emotiva XPA-1 Gen1 monoblock amplifiers - BEASTS
      Price:  $2100 for the pair (New model is $2399 ea!!!)
      Item Condition: 9 out of 10
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: I seriously stopped and asked myself whether I wanted to sell these beasts... because really, can you ever have enough power!!!

500 watts into 8 Ohms
      1000 watts into 4 Ohms - Yes the magic doubling of watts as the Ohms halve!!!
      Massive 1.2 KVA toroidal power transformer
      Completely stable into 4 Ohm loads
      34kg of hulking, bruising power
      Fully balanced differential amplifier
      XLR and RCA inputs
      Each amp has dual speaker binding posts so you can bi wire with seperate cables if you choose

Powerful enough to drive pretty much any speaker you're able to fit in your home, this amp showed that Emotiva could play with the big boys. With a fully balanced differential design, the XPA-1 has an advanced microprocessor operating system that protects it from all fault conditions. Quality build and attention to detail you'd find in amplifiers cost much more.  Its truly a high quality amplifier, that isnt just about braun, and put Emotiva on the map as a creator of quality and great sounding hi-fi components.

I've had these amps running off many pre-amps, into many different speakers, and they never fail to catch my breath with their power, control, finesse, subtlety and rhythm. I've been listening to them all day to test them... originally was only going to put them on for 15 minutes, but got drawn into listening to them through my Monitor Audio PL300ii speakers, they're just that good. These amps scale up really well with quality speakers, so rather than their shortcomings becoming apparent, they end up staying in your system while many other components are upgraded. The Emotiva is the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove. You can never get enough of having all that power in reserve - its not about playing loud, its about dynamics and effortlessness that you cant achieve any other way.

If you have power hungry speakers, or you just want to be certain you have plenty of headroom when you play orchestral pieces with pipe organ, this power amplifier will do the job.

Current price of $2399 per monoblock can be found at: https://vaf.com.au/products/emotiva-xpa-1-reference-mono-block

These amps are in great condition - I've said 9 out of 10 only because they're not new. These amps have also just been in for a service and clean.
      • All binding posts have been replaced as a couple of the plastic collars had cracked due to over tightening - I think they came in a set so the tech just replaced them all
      • An RCA socket was also replaced as it had come loose due to a stupidly tight Chord cable I used to have
      The amps have never played up and have worked consistently without a hitch, so it was only these items that needed attention. The lucky buyer will have serviced and fully tested amps

Yes I have the boxes and the instruction manual. These amps are really heavy, and I mean REALLY HEAVY. So if you want them couriered to you it will cost you as they are just over 40kg ea packed.

I'll be really sad to see them go, but time to clear out my gear, make space for upgrades - and get some money to pay for them!

Donation made to SNA on successful sale of amps.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Prana69
      Item: Pro-Ject Phono Box SE ii
      Price: $200 
      Item Condition: Excellent - 9/10
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Extra Info: Well regarded external phono amp offering MM and MC capability.  I've used it with MC carts Denon DL-110 and Denon-103R and MM carts Shure V15 iii and Grace F-8 with great results.  Very quiet background and very musical.  Flexible with capacitance loading using jumpers on back.  External PSU.

I don't have the original box but will pack safely for postage.  Manual available online.

Pictures:

• By rewindhifi
      Item:  Q Acoustics C-20 Concept 20 Book Shelf Speakers Pair with Stand - White
      Price: $590
      Item Condition: As New (9/10)
      Reason for selling: To fund a Singxer SU-6
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I brought these from CustomHT in Feb, hooked them up for 1 song then back into the box was thinking to use them for my bedroom but now I have other idea. However I am temporarily using these stands for my LS50, so they are lightly used. 

Pictures: