Meridian G98DH CD/DVD Transport

Item: Meridian G98DH CD/DVD Transport
Price: $1000 + Frieght
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: Got a CD Player and sold Separate Dac, Wedding fund raising, and car repairs are probably the top 3.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+3% fee if not send as friends/family), COD Only, Bank Transfer etc
Extra Info:

This had a new drive put in it November/December 2016, and has probably only played about 50 discs since then (Sold the dac, got the cd player and then simply couldn't use it). It's stored under the soft cover and is supplied with all original packing, manual, remote etc. 

When it got a new drive it had a full reconditioning of the power supply too, which pretty well makes it like new inside)

Ignore the label on the top of the box, this is from sending the new cd player for repairs (It was given to me not working, and with no box)
Pictures:

I forgot to take a picture of it, but the remote supplied is the premium MSR+ in silver aluminium, its in pretty good condition, and fully working. You can also program this to control virtually any device by its coded library or manual learning (I just added volume for the preamp and mute)

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

Heres a couple of pictures of the back, basically you have Composite/Component &  HDMI, Though i've only run it by component.

Output wise, you have the 3 "main digital out" which i've never used, and the "Aux Digital Out" which is the standard 2ch Coaxial, it also has things like 12v trigger and IR connectors plus all the meridian comms if you use a meridian pre/power/processor etc.

Also apologies it looks like it was the end of 2015 I sent it off for all the work to be done, but its been sitting covered pretty much since then, sticker on the back suggests it was the beginning of 2016 it was finished.

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures of the rear.

I've been on a hi-fi sabbatical for about 5 years, so will research this player and decide on whether I'd like to proceed.

Ideally, I'd like something that will play back all forms of silver disc (CD-r, CD-RW, DVD etc) and with firmware updates up to date.

If I decide it suits my needs, I'll most likely drive to Kingaroy (never been that far West before) to collect.

Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures of the rear.

I've been on a hi-fi sabbatical for about 5 years, so will research this player and decide on whether I'd like to proceed.

Ideally, I'd like something that will play back all forms of silver disc (CD-r, CD-RW, DVD etc) and with firmware updates up to date.

If I decide it suits my needs, I'll most likely drive to Kingaroy (never been that far West before) to collect.

I've played CD's and some DVD's on it, however it's a bit fussy with movies and obviously won't play blu-rays. It is a "transport" which means it will need a DAC to function, which is equally as important as the transport for sound.

I'll be driving through Brisbane by the end of the month to collect my speakers from Mike at the gold coast, so I could drop it to you instead if that helps at all :) I hate posting things where it can be avoided because things just get mistreated so badly by postal services :(

Also these players are discontinued so I doubt there'll be any firmware updates coming out.

Thanks for elaborating upon the abilities or lack thereof of this unit.

I have 2 transports (EAD and AudioMecca) so I'm familiar with how they work.

Aussie Post are irresponsible with delicate equipment ? Never knew that :lol:

Dropping it off sounds very tempting..............I'll get back to you either way before month's end.

Edited by cableconnoisseur

I've had pretty good luck with them myself to be honest, but i've seen LOTS of dodgy stuff come through to work (Thankfully not my problem financially though aha) It should be between the 25th feb/1st march i'll be passing through. Have a week off work and it really will just depend which day we aren't already busy. But I have to have the speakers back for that weekend :)