SOLD: FS: JTR Noesis Speakers & Marantz Receiver

SOLD

Item: JTR Noesis 212HT speakers (x3), JTR Noesis 228HT speakers (x2), Marantz SR5010 Receiver plus custom-made MDF stands for all speakers
Price: $6,900 for the lot or $4,950 for the 212HT's plus stands, $1,950 for the 228HT's plus stands and $690 for the Marantz SR5010
Item Condition: Excellent with no damage
Reason for selling: Doing more music listening lately and found speakers are too powerful for my low-ceilinged room (barely over 7 feet)
Payment Method: PayPal or cash (pickup only due to size and weight)
Extra Info:
These speakers are an absolute beast for movies and music, without sacrificing clarity of sound at all.  A modest AVR can drive these well beyond reference levels in even the largest and most open rooms.  I've had the speakers for just under 4 years, and the receiver for just over 2 years.

The 212HT speakers are now called 212HTR's on the JTR website, and one is configured as a centre speaker.  The 228HT's make great rears to complement the 212HT's, but I am willing to sell them separately if necessary though.  I can provide a demo for any serious purchasers in the area.

The dimensions in centimetres are:

• 212HT speaker - 101H x 42W x 35D
  • 212HT stand - 50H x 41W x 34D
  • 228HT speaker - 67H x 31W x 35D
  • 228HT stand - 75H x 30W x 34D

212HT Speaker & Stand

5a75548fc853d_180203-212HT.thumb.jpg.0a2e4077dee25fe10847ef62a5a38535.jpg

228HT Speaker & Stand
 5a75461516875_180203-228HT.thumb.jpg.7c6968dbdf168c448be844010ef84e5e.jpg

Marantz SR5010 Receiver

5a7549ae1a891_180203-SR5010.thumb.jpg.daa7432977ea158f0caf1043a5b2396a.jpg

Pictures:

I've never heard the Seaton Cat 12's myself, but when I was researching this speaker purchase I came across a whole bunch of information on AVS forum, where the members would sometimes gather and compare the speakers.  I believe that the JTR's usually scored more votes than the Cats, and the Cats were more expensive due to their built-in amps.  There's no doubt that they're both great high output speakers though!

7 hours ago, bjc said:

Pity about pickup only!

I thought that pickup was the most practical option, but it would be possible to ship with someone like Pack & Send if you're interested.  I'm not sure how much that would add to the cost.

I thought that pickup was the most practical option, but it would be possible to ship with someone like Pack & Send if you're interested.  I'm not sure how much that would add to the cost.
Do you have original packaging or is that why you recommended Pack and Send?
I won't use them again sorry as they are useless in my area but would look at other couriers if you had the original packaging.

Thanks

would this be overkill as surrounds and rears ? Tempted to get them as I have always wanted them but already have cats . This way I get to compare them as well as have both but probably overkill? I presume instead of stands I can have them on subs like I do with th cats?

3 hours ago, Compass said:

Are you running sub/s with these?

I sure am.  I've got a pair of Seaton Submersives in a master and slave set-up.  The JTR's are designed to go down to around 60hz so you definitely want a sub to fill out the bottom end.

3 hours ago, bjc said:

Do you have original packaging or is that why you recommended Pack and Send?
I won't use them again sorry as they are useless in my area but would look at other couriers if you had the original packaging.

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging.  I had to give it up because it was taking too much space.  I don't know if there are any other companies who could pack these things up properly.

The speakers are tough as nails (given their pro audio build quality) so they're no problem to transport yourself, but I understand you can't trust a courier company unless they're really well protected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

would this be overkill as surrounds and rears ? Tempted to get them as I have always wanted them but already have cats . This way I get to compare them as well as have both but probably overkill? I presume instead of stands I can have them on subs like I do with th cats?

What are you using as surrounds and rears currently?  The JTR's and Cats might get along well together because they're both high output, and I find modern films are making a lot more use of the surrounds and rears.  It might be overkill, but then again overkill can be a glorious thing!

As long as you've got solid subs you could put the JTR's on top.  I had mine sitting on the Seaton Submersives for months.  The 212HT's weigh about 56kgs each and the 228HT's about 34kgs each.

If I had the space I would buy these in a heart beat. I currently own the JTR Triple 8 x3 and the Slanted 8's as effect speakers (7.1) and there incredible and effortless. Can't imagine what these would sound like but I'm guessing they would be epic.

53 minutes ago, SimonNo10 said:

If I had the space I would buy these in a heart beat. I currently own the JTR Triple 8 x3 and the Slanted 8's as effect speakers (7.1) and there incredible and effortless. Can't imagine what these would sound like but I'm guessing they would be epic.

You're not wrong!  I've never heard another speaker that recreates the feeling of going to the cinema or a live concert so well.  There's something special about the horn.

On 04/02/2018 at 2:19 PM, Jonathan H said:

What are you using as surrounds and rears currently?  The JTR's and Cats might get along well together because they're both high output, and I find modern films are making a lot more use of the surrounds and rears.  It might be overkill, but then again overkill can be a glorious thing!

As long as you've got solid subs you could put the JTR's on top.  I had mine sitting on the Seaton Submersives for months.  The 212HT's weigh about 56kgs each and the 228HT's about 34kgs each.

At the moment I am using Equinox Audio Perigees and Def Tech BP7001SCs for surrounds and rears. Good thing is i can have the JTRs on top of my subs hence less space occupied.