Sign in to follow this  
vinni9284

Is it worth repairing my Marantz AV7701?

Dear fellow members,

My Marantz AV7701 started to have a mind of its own and now is continuously restarting on/off.

There is a YouTube clip of another with the same issue so it seems to be a common problem. Comments below on YouTube from another poster suggested it is the PSU.

Here is the clip (it's not me btw :-) ): 

The question I would like to ask, it is worth spending to repair or just save and spend on top for a new unit? I mean at least I would assume the repair may be around the $400 mark .. 

Even if the repair is good, usually warranties from the repair mob is not very long. 

As we all know that a replacement Prepro will not be cheap. 

4K passthrough is not that important (although it does supports it however 4K@30p) 

I am in Melbourne and I believe JLS electronics is pretty good.

Has anyone been in this dilemma?

What would you advise.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Edited by vinni9284

I've seen this happen on a Samsung panel that's trying to switch on and reinitialised. Not sure if this applies to you or what you have tried but do the easiest thing 1st that doesn't cost you anything.  The above fix was to replaced or refit the IEC mains connection at the back.  

Edited:  also try disconnecting items you have connected to the it one at a time, it maybe that something else you have connected is triggering this issue.

Edited by Addicted to music

Thanks very much.

Actually I had it connected to an LG UH770T with no issues and the swapped it over to an LG OLED B7T and this fault started to occur.

I definitely will try this.

Thank you once again.

Cheers

Edited by vinni9284
typo

I tried as per your recommendations however unfortunately, it still does it.

Even with nothing connected to it. Turn the power on and it cycles off/on loop.

You think is it worth repairing?

Cheers

56 minutes ago, vinni9284 said:

I tried as per your recommendations however unfortunately, it still does it.

Even with nothing connected to it. Turn the power on and it cycles off/on loop.

You think is it worth repairing?

Cheers

Before you consider repairing ; try a factory reset ; these components are like pc's these days :)

Before you consider repairing ; try a factory reset ; these components are like pc's these days [emoji4]
Thanks.

Tried that and now it's worse lol!
Now it's going off/on --> tick tock tick tock lol.

I might look for an upgrade. I have read that the AV7701 is problematic. No comparison to the Japanese AV8801 flagship.. but then that's twice the price.

Thanks once again.

Cheers

I know this post is relatively old but if it helps anyone ,I recently had issues with my Marantz receiver.I tried the reset procedure as per the user guide but to no avail.

i then took the unit to a authorised Marantz repair place and they did a reset again .

I was puzzled as to why it worked for them but not for me ,even after several attempts.

They explained that as well as pushing the two normally required buttons for the reset they also simultaneously press the enter button.My user guide does not indicate this at all.Anyway it worked and Marantz is back to its usual self.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Battler009
      Price: $800 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Sutherland Shire State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Upgrading This pre-amp / processor requires very little introduction. Was Marantz flagship processor and supports the recent codec, such as DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD. Has the ability to map height or width channels however it doesn't support the latest Atmos, Auto & DTS-X object sounds. 

I have the original box and Auddessy mic, remote is working, but isn't perfect, however I have always controlled the unit via Marantz App.

Will serve someone looking for a great experience with surround / 2 channel sound not looking to move into the new object audio.

Note supports both XLR and RCA connectivity which can be mixed based on your configuration. Also offers 2 channels for subwoofer connections and eq.

I do have the original box, my preference is pickup, but will ship if new owner is willing to pay arrange / pay courier and take risk of shipping damage

While I have requested $800 I would also be open to a straight swap for a panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player

Photos:

• By Battler009
      Price: $1000 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Sutherland Shire State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup or swap Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: This pre-amp / processor requires very little introduction. Was Marantz flagship processor and supports the recent codec, such as DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD. Has the ability to map height or width channels however it doesn't support the latest Atmos, Auto & DTS-X object sounds. 

I have the original box and Auddessy mic, remote is working, but isn't perfect, however I have always controlled the unit via Marantz App.

Will serve someone looking for a great experience with surround / 2 channel sound not looking to move into the new object audio.

Note supports both XLR and RCA connectivity which can be mixed based on your configuration. Also offers 2 channels for subwoofer connections and eq.

I do have the original box, but would prefer not to ship it.

While I have requested $1200 I would also be open to a straight swap for a panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player

Photos:

• By thejt
      Price: $825 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: noranda State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Surplus to needs Further information: 

I picked this off another member not long ago (absolute gentlemen!) but after getting my Rotel RX-802 recapped it is 75% of what I need for the 5% of time I can listen to anything. I can verify that the reviews are accurate, this is a lush full sounding amp. The unit has a very premium look and feel. The controls are weighted and switching has a solid reassuring click that is oddly pleasurable. Copper chassis and just about the nicest speaker terminals I have ever seen are icing on the cake. Just asking for what I paid which I think was a bargain. Has manual and remote. Pick up is preferable. 

Photos: 

• By craka
      Price: $390 Item Condition: New in box Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash on pick up,Paypal+3%,Bank deposit Reason for selling: I have to much Gear and a number of streamers Further information:This NA6005 IS Silver in colour,I used this in my system for a very short time and it went back into its box.Its is as new. Price is Plus Postage.

This NA6005 IS Silver in colour,Ive used this in my system for a very short time  and it went back into its box.Its is as new.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Lego Man
      Item: MARANTZ ND8006 Network CD player
      Price: $1400
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash | Shipping - PayPal (F&F) or bank transfer.
      Extra Info:
       This CD network player is in excellent condition being only 18 months old and is still covered by manufacturers warranty. It's easy to use with HEOS built in allowing you to stream music directly into your system - you can even use it as a preamplifier! 

Any questions let me know.
      Photos: