Sign in to follow this  
vinni9284

Is it worth repairing my Marantz AV7701?

Dear fellow members,

My Marantz AV7701 started to have a mind of its own and now is continuously restarting on/off.

There is a YouTube clip of another with the same issue so it seems to be a common problem. Comments below on YouTube from another poster suggested it is the PSU.

Here is the clip (it's not me btw :-) ): 

The question I would like to ask, it is worth spending to repair or just save and spend on top for a new unit? I mean at least I would assume the repair may be around the $400 mark .. 

Even if the repair is good, usually warranties from the repair mob is not very long. 

As we all know that a replacement Prepro will not be cheap. 

4K passthrough is not that important (although it does supports it however 4K@30p) 

I am in Melbourne and I believe JLS electronics is pretty good.

Has anyone been in this dilemma?

What would you advise.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Edited by vinni9284

I've seen this happen on a Samsung panel that's trying to switch on and reinitialised. Not sure if this applies to you or what you have tried but do the easiest thing 1st that doesn't cost you anything.  The above fix was to replaced or refit the IEC mains connection at the back.  

Edited:  also try disconnecting items you have connected to the it one at a time, it maybe that something else you have connected is triggering this issue.

Edited by Addicted to music

Thanks very much.

Actually I had it connected to an LG UH770T with no issues and the swapped it over to an LG OLED B7T and this fault started to occur.

I definitely will try this.

Thank you once again.

Cheers

Edited by vinni9284
typo

I tried as per your recommendations however unfortunately, it still does it.

Even with nothing connected to it. Turn the power on and it cycles off/on loop.

You think is it worth repairing?

Cheers

56 minutes ago, vinni9284 said:

I tried as per your recommendations however unfortunately, it still does it.

Even with nothing connected to it. Turn the power on and it cycles off/on loop.

You think is it worth repairing?

Cheers

Before you consider repairing ; try a factory reset ; these components are like pc's these days :)

Before you consider repairing ; try a factory reset ; these components are like pc's these days [emoji4]
Thanks.

Tried that and now it's worse lol!
Now it's going off/on --> tick tock tick tock lol.

I might look for an upgrade. I have read that the AV7701 is problematic. No comparison to the Japanese AV8801 flagship.. but then that's twice the price.

Thanks once again.

Cheers

I know this post is relatively old but if it helps anyone ,I recently had issues with my Marantz receiver.I tried the reset procedure as per the user guide but to no avail.

i then took the unit to a authorised Marantz repair place and they did a reset again .

I was puzzled as to why it worked for them but not for me ,even after several attempts.

They explained that as well as pushing the two normally required buttons for the reset they also simultaneously press the enter button.My user guide does not indicate this at all.Anyway it worked and Marantz is back to its usual self.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 57John
      Hi
      needing help to bring up Tidal on my Marantz 1509. I have a Tidal account but it doesn’t give any option to sign in to Tidal on the Marantz 1509 HEOS app. My HEOS and Tidal accounts are using the same email address.
      Any support will be appreciated 
      Thanks in advance.
      John
    • By Sir Triode
      Item Condition: Brand New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Turramurra State: New South Wales Payment Method: Bank Transfer Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: Brand New and Rare Made in Japan VAM-1202 CD transport that in Marantz, Philips, Audio Aero CD players. Most VAM-1202 are now made in China.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Craigandkim
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Direct Deposit, PayPal (+3%), Cash Reason for selling: Surplus - not using Further information:

This unit is in excellent condition functionally and cosmetically. There are no scratches, marks, dings or dents. This unit has the original 4x HDMI 1.3b board with its latest firmware. I have used this unit for movies, high resolution surround (SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray) and 2 channel audio application for the last 8 years with very satisfying results. Main reason for my purchasing the unit was the sound quality.

The Classe SSP-800 represents the pinnacle of Classe performance and quality. The sound is smooth and detailed. The person who buys, is looking for the best audio quality in one unit for both stereo & surround.

I am the second owner and have the original receipt, box and manual. Price is negotiable

I would prefer local pick-up or buyer to arrange freight/shipping. 

Reviews:
      https://hometheaterreview.com/classe-ssp-800-av-preamp-reviewed/#:~:text=The Classe SSP-800 doesn,secret killer of sound quality.
      https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-194-classe-audio-ssp-800-multichannel-controller-1/
      Plenty more where they came from, all highlighting the same attributes of sonic superiority.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Craigandkim
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Cash on Pick-up, PayPal (+3%) Reason for selling: A change Further information:
      This unit is in excellent condition functionally and cosmetically. This unit has the original 4x HDMI 1.3b board with its latest firmware. I have used this unit for movies, high resolution surround (SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray) and 2 channel audio application for the last 8 years with very satisfying results. Main reason for my purchasing the unit was the sound quality.

The Classe SSP-800 represents the pinnacle of Classe performance and quality. The sound is smooth and detailed. 

I am the second owner and have the original receipt, box and manual. Price is negotiable

I would prefer local pick-up or buyer to arrange freight/shipping. 

Reviews:
      https://hometheaterreview.com/classe-ssp-800-av-preamp-reviewed/#:~:text=The Classe SSP-800 doesn,secret killer of sound quality.
      https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-194-classe-audio-ssp-800-multichannel-controller-1/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      147-Classe_review_4-2010.pdf

• By diamonds71
      Item Condition: Used - mint condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Balwyn North State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      I have had this amp from brand new. Purchased locally from Colin Whatmough when they were in Scoresby 
      it’s a great amp In mint condition that I have used sparingly over the past few years.

Makes an awesome 2 channel set up. It works beautifully and really is in unmarked mint condition 

I don’t think I have the original box but will take a look under the house for it

in any event if there is interstate interest I can easily package it up and pack’n’send it at buyers cost 

I found this information on the amp ......

With a reputation for excellence extending back more than 50 years, Marantz has long been known for their premium high-fidelity audio components built primarily for connoisseurs. Now, even music lovers on a budget can enjoy legendary Marantz sound thanks to the PM7001 integrated amplifier. It's the ideal centerpiece for those who want a top notch, two-channel audio system that won't break the bank. 
      The PM7001 is based on design elements found in Marantz's top-of-the-line Reference Series integrated amps — using sophisticated circuitry and hand-selected components for uncompromising musicality. Its powerful, high-current construction delivers the excitement and dynamics of your favorite tunes with room-filling authority. Well recorded pianos and guitars sound natural with a strong sense of immediacy. Large orchestral groups and choirs are well integrated — with individual instruments and voices clearly distinct. You'll experience warm, transparent Marantz sound from all of your music sources. 
      The PM7001 offers six audio inputs, including one for a turntable, to provide ample flexibility for connecting your gear. Separate pre-amp input/line-level output jacks allow you to use the PM7001 as an independent power amplifier or pre-amp for future system expansion. You can also use the line-level outputs to easily connect a powered subwoofer. Two sets of speaker outputs let you conveniently bi-wire a compatible pair of main speakers, or power a second pair of speakers in another room. The PM7001's Source Direct mode bypasses the balance and tone control circuits for enjoying the purest possible sound.
      READ LESS Product highlights:
      70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers Current Feedback amplification frequency response 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB) signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB (line in), 85 dB (phono) 6 RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input) 2 RCA audio outputs Source Direct button bypasses balance and tone control circuits for cleaner sound preamp out/ main in jacks headphone jack front-panel switching for 2 pairs of speakers binding-post speaker connectors remote control weight: 23.1 lbs. 17-3/8"W x 5-1/16"H x 15-11/16"D  
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.