Sign in to follow this  
Powerglide

Quality Record Pressings

I have a few records from Quality Record Pressings and find them to be excellent, I did a search and found they don't deal direct to the public. Got a few hits from on line retailers the best stockist being acousticsounds.com. 

I selected five albums totalling $178 USD which isn't too bad for what I ordered, like most sites they want all your info including credit card details to calculate shipping, this is normally when I bail out, but decided how bad could it be?

nearly a week later got the invoice $299 AUD which ment about $80 freight. Put the albums at $60 a pop which is what most bricks and mortar stores are charging for these presses. I don't feel that ripped just that most of the other online stores can give you a freight cost at checkout and do they not so they can sting you? 

anyone deal with acousticsounds.com before and does anyone know where we can get a better deal on QRP 

"spin the black circle" 

10 hours ago, Powerglide said:

I selected five albums totalling $178 USD which isn't too bad for what I ordered, like most sites they want all your info including credit card details to calculate shipping, this is normally when I bail out

Me too.    Strangely I had that problem with Amazon US last night.  I don't use it much, but I thought the Amazon website was smarter than that.

QRP was launched by Acoustic Sounds, owned by the same entrepreneur. I always found the shipping costs prohibitive so haven't followed their output for some time.

1 minute ago, mondie said:

QRP was launched by Acoustic Sounds, owned by the same entrepreneur. I always found the shipping costs prohibitive so haven't followed their output for some time.

Yep that.  Focused on the US market it seems.  Checked them once and that was enough. 

I only ever order from Collectors Choice when they have their 15-20% off promos. Shipping is very cheap and they carry MOFI, Audio Fidelity and Analogue Productions.

I have a spreadsheet where I tally records waiting for the new promo code to be released.

5 minutes ago, kelossus said:

I only ever order from Collectors Choice when they have their 15-20% off promos. Shipping is very cheap and they carry MOFI, Audio Fidelity and Analogue Productions.

I have a spreadsheet where I tally records waiting for the new promo code to be released.

CC is good alternative. 

CC music are cheap for a reason.   Their customer service BLOWS CHUNKS.

I hope you never have to return a defective piece of vinyl, as they are the worst company to deal with ever.   I refuse to buy from them anymore.

Acoustic Sounds not only have expensive shipping, if you ever need to return defective vinyl - you have to pay the shipping back.

From USA, Amazon are about the only same priced option left that has good customer service.

Edited by metal beat

I order a lot of mt bike gear online but never from the US as the shipping is just plain stupid, more so when you consider outlets from Europe readily do free shipping out to Oz. and this is for bulky items like wheel-sets, helmets, suspension forks, etc.. you'd think posting a uniform set of flat squares in a reasonably cheap but purpose made box could be done at a similar price.