Samsung TVUA55f6400am - Headphone jack

Hi Guys,

I have a problem, I recently upgaded my old Sony TV in the bedroom to this Samsung 55" Smart tv that i got second hand. Now I used to always watch TV with the Sennheiser Wireless RS180 headphones so i dont disturb my partner who goes to bed a lot earlier than me. I find it hard to sleep without watching some tv in bed first.

Now with the Samsung, it doesnt seem to have a headphone jack anymore, it has a section where it should be but instead there is a black small pop out covering or something on it. It also doesnt have any RCA outputs. So the other options for outputs are HDMI or Optical Fibre basically. So at the moment the way i use it is it connects wirelessley / soundshare to a Samsung Soundbar which of  course disturbs my wife. What are my options to get headphones working with it? Do i need to get some audio extractor from HDMI / Optical Fibre to RCA? and then from RCA to 3.5mm into the Sennheiser wireless Transmitter? The Soundbar only has HDMI outputs, it has inputs for Optical Fibre etc, but i use the soundshare feature from the TV to the Soundbar...

The other option is ,if i can pair my bluetooth wireless headphones to the Samsung TV somehow?

27605737_10156037762219257_1047389105_o.jpg

5 minutes ago, skippy124 said:

Hi,

The black square plastic with a hole in it will take a 3.5mm stereo plug (I have a similar TV). You can also connect Bluetooth headphones to the TV

Oh really? I tried putting it in, but it wouldnt go all the way in, it was half sticking out and that was after a bit of a push. I was worried about pushing too hard and breaking something inside. Is it meant to be only half inserted?

Is it easy to connect bluetooth headphones to it?

Hi,

It does take a bit of a push to get the 3.5mm jack all the way in.

it is relatively easy to pair a set of Bluetooth headphones - on the TV select menu-sound-additional settings-Bluetooth audio and follow the prompts

Cheers

John

Didnt realise TVs could connect to bluetooth headphones, bah... But Ideally I can use my wireless headphones with the 3.5mm jack. Ok I will try pushing it all in. I was worried it was actually nonexistant socket and that if i pushed it in, iw ould break some part of the TV inside. 

I tried to get the bluetooth working, but my tv didnt have that setting in additional settings. Yet it does have bluetooth as it has options to connect keyboard or mouse via bluetooth or smart touch remotes as well as the soundshare feature is using bluetooth to talk to the Samsung Soundbar. But when i go into that section it seems to only look for samsung products.... So maybe its a early version of bluetooth and samsung only made it support other samsung products...

BUT I did get the 3.5mm working, you were right, i just had to push quite hard and it went all the way in and it works a treat. Just a shame i couldnt use bluetooth with it. On the specs on the web it does state it has bluetooth but maybe samsung didnt make it support third party bluetooth speakers / headphones.