Should i get a av with my Oppo 105

At the moment im running  my oppo 105 straight to a 7 channel amp via analog and hdmi out straight to my projector, using the oppo as a pre/av.

Will there be better benifits if i get a decent av/pre connecting my oppo?.

I do realise that oppo does have a good dac in stereo and multi analog

out, but if i do get a avr wont it defeat the purpose of getting a good player? 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, elvis.. said:

At the moment im running  my oppo 105 straight to a 7 channel amp via analog and hdmi out straight to my projector, using the oppo as a pre/av.

Will there be better benifits if i get a decent av/pre connecting my oppo?.

I do realise that oppo does have a good dac in stereo and multi analog

out, but if i do get a avr wont it defeat the purpose of getting a good player? 

Depends on the system you want elvis , if you want to switch multiple sources ; require atmos dts-x decoding ; have better bass management ; want a good auto room eq etc ; you need an avr or pre pro .. 

Oppo has the 105/205 etc for those who may prefer an all in one ; like 2ch analog and/or the sound signature of sabre dacs or possibly like a pure analog signal without any manipulation of the original mix by room eq ..

Your room is also important ; whether its been treated with bass traps ; diffusers etc all has a consequence ;)If you do need an avr or have one and are willing to let it decode everything like its designed ; many prefer a 103/203 [ which have the same digital chassis as the dearer models so equivalent sound quality ] save some $ and use it as a digital transport..