Installers in Sydney.

Hi all,

anyone here have any recommendations for projector and projector screen installers in Sydney? Need someone that is good and have experience in installing jvc projectors.

i also have a fixed screen that needs mounting. 

The walls are gyprock and the ceiling I did ask the builder to place some timber up there but hopefully it’s in the right spot!

im looking to buy the projector mount myself like the peerless prg unv.

the spot that I want to mount the projector on the ceiling is pretty much right above the seating position, I’m hoping it won’t drop!

Thanks,

K.

Edited by k3nnis888

Lifestyle store are really good, but can be expensive unless you are sourcing gear from them as well.

Have used MrAV and been very happy.

There was a new guy on the forums starting an installation business and doing projector callibrations - cant remember the name though.

36 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Lifestyle store are really good, but can be expensive unless you are sourcing gear from them as well.

Have used MrAV and been very happy.

There was a new guy on the forums starting an installation business and doing projector callibrations - cant remember the name though.

Thanks. Checked out MRAV online as well. Will compare the 2. Did you get both to install JVC projectors for you in the past? Is your ceiling gyprock?

Got mr av to mount jvc projector on gyprock ceiling, but obviously they have to anchor it on a ceiling joist or beam for it to hold. You can choose whatever mounting bracket you want, there are some great ones with lots of adjustment. Make sure you have accessible hdmi cables that are easy to change as the standard keeps evolving. Also if your mounting a projector and running cables,  might be a good time to consider atmos install if you dont allready have it.

36 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Got mr av to mount jvc projector on gyprock ceiling, but obviously they have to anchor it on a ceiling joist or beam for it to hold. You can choose whatever mounting bracket you want, there are some great ones with lots of adjustment. Make sure you have accessible hdmi cables that are easy to change as the standard keeps evolving. Also if your mounting a projector and running cables,  might be a good time to consider atmos install if you dont allready have it.

Thanks. My HDMI cable has already been run to the ceiling and comes out of a brush plate. I can change the HDMI cable next time as there is a conduit for it. Definitely no ATMOS for me. Room is only 4mX3.3m.

Can I ask how does MrAV or any competent AV installer mount projectors to the ceiling? Assuming a gyprocked ceiling. Do they use stud finders or do they cut a hole etc and then patch it back? Sorry if this sounds silly.

Also what ceiling mount did you get for your JVC?

Cheers,

K.

Edited by k3nnis888

Yeah, dont worry - no one will cut holes in your ceiling to find a beam, at least I hope not! You wont/shouldnt need any patchwork for this kind of job.

Will see if I can dig up what mount I used - it was something that was recommended on this forum. Maybe try a search.

Charlie from MrAV does this kind of job all the time. You should get an on-site quote as he will advise what options are available.

If you can fit a screen and projector in that room you can do atmos - at least 2 speakers. Well worth the effort if you have ever listened to an atmos system, and can be done quite cheaply.

• 2 months later...