Which DAC for Sony S380 BDP ?

• 7 months later...

Know its a very late reply but i have the same sony bdp. It runs through a Caiman SEG dac and sounds much better than before I added the dac. The BDP has seen great service but stereo music never seemed to be its strong point. Since adding the dac its much easier for me throw a SACD on and enjoy the music. Not as good as my Marantz SA 7001 but not shabby either.

Edited by studentmusic
incorrect number
  • Like 1

I have the s370 and s480 Sony BDP players.  I was using the Sony s370 as a transport and as a CD.   They are excellent for bluray and I would rank it better than a OPP105 for bluray.  However that said, the OPPO 105  as a transport elevates the SQ for any DAC connected to it.   It’s just a far superior product if you’re comparing transports.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had a Cambridge Audio bdp 752, yes, it was better than the Sony S380 as far as visual goes, but not by much and certainly not for the extra money, so I sold it on, a lot to be said for this bargain basement Sony S380 for sure, as a side step, which Sony bdp will support/ playback Apple lossless music files through a USB stick and/or a hdd and also has analogue connections ?