SOLD: Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 Valve Headphone Amplifier (plus new spare valve set)

SOLD

Item: Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 Valve Headphone Amplifier
Price: $475 ONO (Incl a brand new spare set of valves)
Item Condition: As new
Reason for selling: Prefer a DAC to go with another amp
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: In mint/as new condition, this beautifully built all valve headphone amplifier comes from those fine creators of unbelievable value head-fi gear (and more now!) in California, Schiit Audio ..... for those of you NOT familiar with these highly skilled creators of fine audio gear, YES, that is their real trading name. 
 I bought it a year ago to see if it matched with my HifiMAN HE400SE headphones, but have decided that they don't quite match to the prefection I'd like them too. For many folks they'd love the pairing, though they are more suited at best to the higher impedance 'phones like Beyer Dynamic models, Sennheiser HD600/650/700's etc. I have used them with a pair of 29 year old 600ohm Sennheiser HD540 Reference headphones and although they are a good electrical match, I do prefer them overall with another amp I have to hand. 
 Kept in pristine condition, with original box, manual AND with a spare set of brand new valves/tubes ($79), so value here is very high! 
 The Valhalla 2 has a pre-out facility, so can be used to power a separate power amp, either in a full size hifi system or a pair of desk top speakers and a computer system. It's noise protected, so that you can leave headphones in while switching it on and off. 
 It also works brilliantly connected up to an external DAC from my laptop via a high quality USB cable (such as Kimber or Chord Silver) and used as a desk top headphone set-up for videos and movies or direct from a CD player. You can run a cable from a phone/iPod too, but I suspect it will just show up the very average source, a better bet is like I sometimes do and run a GOOD quality cable (like an Audioquest Evergreen 3.5mm to RCA phono cable) from the digital output of a Digital portable player, such as some of the FIIO range, or top class DAP like the Questyle QP1-R. 
 The Valhalla 2 runs fairly warm! It is after all a valve amp,  though it doesn't run hot like a pure Class A amp does. 
 New price for the amp alone is $579, this one I'm selling here also comes with a brand new boxed set of original spare valves at $79. 
 The pictures will show you the amp is mint, it's been very well cared for! The amp with current valve set has not been thrashed in any way and the valves have probably only seen between 50-75 hours of actual use. They usually last for several thousand hours. As you can see by the pictures, it really is in mint/as new condition. 
 Maybe you would like to experience what a good valve headphone amp can do for your own musical pleasure? 

** Shipping will have to be at your own cost, allowing for near 4kg all up. 

Specs are from the Addicted To Audio site and on Schiit's own website:

• Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 7Hz-200KHz, -3dB

Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 180mW

Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 800mW

Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 450mW

THD: < 0.04%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS, high gain (worst case)

IMD: < 0.05%, CCIR at 1V RMS, high gain (worst case)

SNR: > 97db, unweighted, referenced to 1V RMS, low gain

Crosstalk: < -71dB, 20 Hz-20KHz

Output Impedance: 14 ohms (hi gain), 3.5 ohms (lo gain)

Gain: 7 (16.9db) or 1.5 (3.5 db), via rear switch

Topology: All-triode, noninverting, single voltage gain stage, current source biased front end and optimized WCF output stage, DC-coupled input

Tube Complement: 6N1P dual triode input, 6N6P dual triode output, 1 each per channel. 6N1Ps rollable to 6DJ8, E88CC, 6922, 6BZ7, and similar types.

Power Supply: Two internal power transformers with over 2,000uF of filter capacitance

Power Consumption: 40W

Size: 9 x 6 x 3.25”

Weight: 7 lbs

Pictures:

PA044688.JPG

PA044689.JPG

PA044690.jpg

PA044692.JPG

PA044693.JPG

PA044694.JPG

PA044695.JPG

Edited by Lightstream